Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, February 25, 2008

Twice in One Month.

It's like dodge ball all over again. You know, everybody aimed at the fat kid?? Good thing I'm agile and can duck and dodge really well. You can read my post from earlier in the month here, in case you missed it and really, really want to know how truly odd I can be.

Blondie tagged me with this, and I'm going to do it, but bend the rules a little - it's only asking I tag three others this time, but I can't think of anyone I haven't already tagged or who hasn't already been tagged with this - I travel in a tiny blogging circle - so I may not tag anyone else. You can always decide that, since you've read it, you are tagged.

1) Link to the person who tagged you. That would be Blondie.
2) Post the rules. Done.
3) Share 6 non-important things/ habits/quirks about yourself. See below.
4) Tag at least 3 people. No. I'm a rebel!
5) Be sure the people you tagged know you tagged them by commenting that you did.

Thing one - I have blue hair and tattoos. Not all of my hair is blue, just the tips and some streaks in my new bangs. The tattoos aren't blue...at least, not entirely. But they all have blue in them. Sensing a theme? Hey, almost all of my shirts are blue, and a girl has to accessorize, right? Right??

Thing two - I refuse to kill spiders. I will relocate them, but I won't kill them. Not even Brown Recluse or Black Widow spiders. I move them. This makes for some interesting service calls from satellite, phone, or power people, because I ask them to come get me if they find a spider, so I can move it rather than have them kill it. They often think me odd.

Thirdly - I like yarn. And fabric. I have boxes of fabric that I am saving for "some day" when I have time to quilt again. I have a box of odd yarns - some I've used a bit of, some whole skeins - that I will make up into the world's most horrifying afghan one day.

Quatro - I often have the feeling that I am two of me, living two different lives. Sometimes, I swear, I wake up and think I am in the wrong life, that my house should be somewhere else, full of different things and different people. I'll reach for something that isn't there and never has been, or get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night and find it's moved. I remember events that didn't happen. I've even looked outside and been surprised by the view. I wonder if the other me has the same experience.

Five - I get a silly smile on my face every time I look out the window and see the owl perched there. I have no idea why it delights me so, but it does.

Lastest - I like older men, too (go read Blondie's meme). When I was fourteen, I had a tremendous crush on an older man - he was in his fifties at the time. I adored him, and I never recovered.

I hope I don't get hit with this again too soon...I am running out of stuff that's sharable on the net!!

3 comments:

Blondie said...

Thanks for being a sport, I failed to notice that you just did one of these a couple weeks ago. How lame and unoriginal am I. But lesson learned. You are lucky you have an owl outside your window, all I ever get to see are the freight trains and rednecks!

Kyddryn said...

Eh, no worries - I really don't mind. :-) I got so excited my first time that I tagged a complete stranger.

foolery said...

Very good stuff. And I usually won't kill spiders, either -- but I draw the line at black widows. They are squished every time. Lucky for me we have no brown recluses here, but we have cornered the market on black widows, shudder.