Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

How windy was it?

It has been remarkably windy here. Not as windy as this:

At least, I don't think it has been...but I bet the owl is wishing it had a good pair of tennis shoes right now, because walking would be preferable to battling the gusts we're having.

Who pissed off the Zephyrs??

4 comments:

Michelle Roebuck said...

Your pic/video isn't displaying... And I wanted to know how windy!! Alas, denied.

Gypsy

Kyddryn said...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/216920//?pc=73214

Try the URL and see if that works for ya - the video displays fine on Bob, but I'm not savvy enough to know why there's a difference.

Rick said...

That was a remarkable video. Had to watch it twice.

Kyddryn said...

I keep going back to it - that's some crazy wind! The first time I watched it, I wondered how much power it made before it went down, and if any lights blew because of it. And don't those things have brakes??