I got tagged, I got tagged!!
Considering the sheer volume of memes I've done, you wouldn't think I'd be excited, but this is the first time I've officially been tagged with one! Thanks, Laurie. She's over at Foolery. I don't know how to do the fancy link thing, so I'll do it the less attractive but equally effective way. She's here: http://foolery.typepad.com/foolery/ What makes this cooler, in a silly, geekish, OK let's face it completely ridiculous way is that I don't know her, except from her blog, and vice versa. So it's not a pity tag or anything. Heh. I feel so...so...included!
She said I shouldn't feel pressured to do the thing. Umm...Laurie? Have you actually read the whole OCD thing? Not do it?? Hah!! Without further ado, my very first ever properly tagged meme.
First, the rules.
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.
Now, on with it.
Thing the first - I like to polish silver. Really. A lot. I enjoy taking a badly tarnished, grotty looking piece of silver and polish it until it shines. It's therapeutic. It's magic. It's...weird. But I love it, and my friends and family know that, so they save their nasty silver polishing jobs for me. Aren't they sweet?
Secundus - I have a collection of fuzzy animal slippers. Not just the usual suspects. There are teddy-bears, leopards, big blue monster feet with sparkly toenails, black cats, brown bear feet (Hah! Bare feet, get it??), black and white cows, and the piece de resistance - pink flamingoes complete with tall, arching necks and big silly beaks. I used to wear these various slippers to the grocery store, usually when I shopped around midnight.
Tertiary - Country music causes mood swings. Really. I am a big old girl, and quite a few of those songs make me cry like a big old girl. And the Craig Morgan song "International Harvester" cracks me up and puts a grin on my face every time I hear it. Check it out, see if you don't smile a little.
Quatro - I read trashy romance novels. Janet Evanovich, Lindsay Sands, Margerie Liu, Jennifer Cruisie, Katie MacAlister, Lori Foster, and the whole slew of women who wrote the Banzai McGuire and Crimson City series...serieses....sereii...ummm...collections. I can't get enough of them...cotton candy for the brain, and I can read two or three in a day if Bird's feeling low-maintenance. Keep your panties on, I don't, I'm just saying I could...I would never neglect my son for a trashy romance. Harry Potter, maybe...
Five - Sometimes I think about running away from home, changing my name, and dropping off the map. Of course, I'd have to bring my son. And cats. And books. And Bob the Wonder Computer. Oh, and you know, clothes and kitchen stuff, and flutes and all that. Never mind.
Final - I really enjoy getting tattooed. I mean, really. Yeah I know, right?? But it's a huge rush. Speaking of which, my ink meter is getting a little low...time for number six...hmm...
Now, who shall I tag? Hmm...that's a toughie - most of the folks I read online are relative strangers. I mean, I know I'm reading their inmost thoughts and recipes and things, but we've never met, in like, person. Oh, well...here goes!
1. Mum at: http://www.myspace.com/sauteecat because I luvs her so.
2. David at: http://www.myspace.com/dark_ambientbecause he deserves it...payback's a...you know...
3. Kit at: http://www.myspace.com/kitmamabecause I know she doesn't have anything better to do and she's sick of sitting around eating bon-bons all day.
4. My cousin E. at: http://www.myspace.com/foxevaxevax She won't mind, will she? Even though we only see each other about once every decade or two ?
5.This guy named Danny over at: http://www.dadgonemad.com/ because who wouldn't want the online equivalent of a water balloon dropped from a third storey window onto their heads by a complete stranger??
6. Whoever reads this can consider themselves the sixth person tagged because I am fresh out of ideas for people to annoy include in this fun.
There...all done. Now I can get on with my day. :-)