Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

The Ridiculous Bed

It came early. As in, I just pried my sorry butt out of bed and was thinking of maybe crawling back in again because it wasn't full daylight yet early. Then the phone rang, and it was my ten minute warning. Scramble!!

The evil genius was still sleeping soundly on his mattress on the floor pirate ship, but he had to be moved. I was hoping he'd sleep through the transfer to my bed, but alas, such was not to be. He was content to loll in my bed and watch Disney TV while the nice men from Haverty's built his new pirate ship bed.

He is delighted. I am informed that His Majesty will consent to recycle the old bed and permit the new one a place of honor in his apartments.


Below are a couple of pictures - please ignore the millions of toys stacked to the ceiling, and all the other mess - we had to make room for this thing, and some furniture still wants moving in order to ensure a good fit all around, and we had to stack a bunch on the train table, and, and...who am I kidding? My kid has more toys than FAO Schwartz, and I really need to just suck it up and get rid of some of them. What the hell happened to my "Please don't give him toys for birthdays/Xmas, because he doesn't need them"request? Oh, well...



I had to take this from the hallway, the bed is so big.
What mess? There is no mess. You are getting sleeeepy...


Now he can slide right into the shelving, knocking off all the toys and books at once, saving the effort of all that pesky work. Or he could fall out the window for a change of pace...
There is no mess...sleeeeeepy...

You can see why I have some rearranging to do. The second picture is all tilty because I had to stand on one leg and sort of hold the camera up over the train table, and there was a rogue cat and some Legos, and...ah...well, you get the idea.

Now, isn't this the coolest bed? Don't you wish you'd had one just like it? Wouldn't you like to come over and help clean up around it so you can play on it? Huh? Dontcha??

1 comment:

foolery said...

PLAY on it? I want to LIVE in it!

My girls would be so jealous! Looks like fun.