Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, February 7, 2008

Oh, Rats! (Happy Chinese New Year)

Happy Chinese New Year, friends. I found this while wandering around on the Net, thought I'd share.

http://www.tarot.com/astrology/chinese/



The RAT … THE RELENTLESS RAT

Determined when he or she wants something, the Rat will work hard to get it. (Yeah, that's true, I DO tend to bulldoze my way through things if I REALLY want them. Hmm...how can I apply this to a winning lottery ticket??)

Rats are also very conscious and measured around money. (Read - cheap as hell. Heh. Unless it's important or will benefit others, I really don't like spending it, and I'm always asking if we really NEED whatever we're buying.) (Unless, of course, it's the sexiest fridge ever, and then the answer is, we DO need this to live.)

Sigh, so dreamy...

But under their calm, charming veneer, aggression may be lurking. (What??? Why I oughta... You take that back or I'll lose my Zen and use my titanium spork to carve you a new one!)


See? I'm armed and dangerous, baby!!
The Rat uses intellectual power for critical decision-making and is a mastermind when it comes to small details. (But I guess we are blind to the big picture. Does this mean I can't see the forest for the trees?? "Cause I have to say, this doesn't sound like me at all...except I CAN be a bit nit-picky. And here I thought that was the OCD...now we know it's really my ratnicity shining through!)

Practical, but sometimes lacking vision and courage, the Rat can block his or her success because of greed and conservatism. (Umm, OK...now we're WAY off course. I am slightly granola, organic, free-spirited, legalize the smokey stuff, let me have my freedom or else...calling me conservative is like calling H. Ross Perot sane. Laughable. Also, I'm a mum...don't tell ME I lack courage! I bet a childless guy wrote this part!)(But I AM a pragmatist, too. Dang.)

Inner fear makes Rats unpredictable -- so don't let their charm fool you. (Hah! I wear my fears right out in the open for all to see - saves having to explain myself.)

The Rat survives in ways no other signs does. He always finds a way to get out of trouble, as he applies his mind to every detail. (My motto: I'll muddle through somehow. I do tend to think my way out of things, but mostly because I'm lazy and THINKING takes so much less effort than DOING. Of course, I find it helps not to get into trouble in the first place...)

Perfectionist as the Rat tends to be, it is hard to stay friends with a Rat for very long. (I'm not a perfectionist...it's OCD...honest!)

Rats have great insights and are very telepathic, but in the end they may be lonely … because the Rat never completely trusts anyone. (Oooh, snap! I know what you're thinking.....heh. I AM often lonely, but that's why I have the Internet, isn't it? You all love me, right? Right??)(Notice how I dodged the trust thing?)(Sigh.)

They create magic when they love you but become paranoid and suspicious when they stop trusting you. (Yeah, that's about right...but how do you love when you don't trust? Answer me that, grasshopper! Anyway, I came by my paranoia honestly - I got it from my grandmother!)

Fun, huh?? So which critter are you??

No comments: