Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Mmmm, waffles...

Bird and I just had waffles for breakfast. Homemade ones. Yum!

How does he manage to get the syrup in his ears?? He knows how to use a fork (not that he actually uses one, but he does know how), a napkin (see previous parenthetical statement), and the like...and I don't put that much syrup on - maybe a tablespoon for a whole big waffle - so how does he do it?

It's a wonder.

Want my waffle makin' recipe? It's a cheater recipe - I use Bisquick. They have a perfectly useful recipe on the side of the box. I make that up and add (because I can't leave well enough alone) cinnamon, powdered ginger, and vanilla to it. Mmm. House smells nice. Don't panic - I do make pancakes from scratch (heh...want to read something cute? Go read this!), and intend to learn a nice waffle recipe, too - but when you're in a hurry you can't beat a good mix.

The recipe says it make 12 waffles, but not on my monster maker - I am lucky to get four out of the batch. I froze two of them for later. You know, in case strawberries go on sale and I suddenly can't live without strawberry shortcake style waffles or something.

'K, now I have to go get the syrup and...um...is that catsup , ketchup, tomato based condiment in his other ear??? Good grief.

1 comment:

foolery said...

It's worse when the child has long hair, believe me. Jam, syrup, ketchup, peanut butter -- you name it, it's in the hair.