Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Feeling Silly

Yes I am.

I was sitting here minding my own business, staring out the window at the owl and wondering what they dream about, listening to the neighbor's grandkids shrieking, giggling, and generally having a fine time in his yard, and I suddenly thought of this:

If a group of geese = a gaggle,

Then does:

A group of girls = a giggle?

A group of researchers = a Google?

A group of skiers = a goggle?

A group of peeping Toms = an ogle?

I could go on, but I really don't want to be pelted with olives or whatever.

What was in that Bisquick waffle, anyway??

8 comments:

MereCat said...

That was funny. *snicker* Made me smile.

Blondie said...

Thanks for your comments, I really look forward to reading what you have to say and find it quite extraordinary that we seem to have a lot in common. I got "tagged" so I am passing it on to you. Check out my blog for more info. I guess everyone is doing it, so you can't say "No" or you won't be cool anymore!

Kyddryn said...

Heheh...if it's the one that Baby On Bored got you with, then Foolery already got me...but I can certainly do it again. Although I may not tag anyone with it, as I'm not sure I can find anyone I haven't aready hit who didn't just get tagged by someone else. Whee.

Thanks for reading, too...it's funny how we can create a community online, most of whom have never met, and yet we're like neighbors looking out for each other. Done right, the Internet is one hell of a resource.

Michelle Roebuck said...

How about we toss sweet pickles at you a la Weird Science? Would that be acceptable? Or should we just go with chocolate silk pie instead? Maybe Girl Scout cookies?

Kyddryn said...

Heh...the little pickles are from Real Genius, you movie watching fiend, you.

No Girl Scout Cookies, those hurt - at least, mine would, since they live in the freezer. Ouch!

You may pelt me with French Silk Pie only if Mike Rowe is there to help remove it.

Hey, a gal can dream...

foolery said...

[throws a pickle]

. . . and a consortium of plumbers = a gurgle!

[runs, throwing pickles over shoulder]

[stops to consider . . .]

And a cluster of pickles would be a GHERKIN!

[really runs now]

Kyddryn said...

And a group of dentists would be a gargle...

Kit said...

ROFL! :D