Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, February 22, 2008

I think I broke something.

I was at another blog, because I am weird and follow blog links from other people's blogs until I am entirely lost in blogopolis and have to stop and ask one of the nice blogofficers for help finding my way home (spell check just fell to the floor stunned by this sentence and I will now be spelling on my own until it recovers). Yeah. Anyway, I went from here to here and then found the link to this:

I laughed really hard as quietly as I could so as not to disturb the Evil Genius who was semi-crashed on the living room floor after an exhausting day of having his hair cut and watching his mommy (that would be me) get hers re-dyed blue at the tips and cut for the first time in twenty years (I don't count the occasional trim as a haircut) so that she (that would be me) now has bangs, sort of. Hey, I needed a change in a hurry, Amelia (my hair goddess) said it would look good, and since I can't lose eighty pounds in an afternoon, bangs it was. Bangs with blue streaks to match the tips of the rest of my still-down-to-my-ass hair. Anyway, I think I busted a gut or something.

When T actually noticed the much-shorter-than-he's-ever-seen-it part of my hair, he looked a little green around the gills - he thought I had it all chopped that short. Good Goddess, no!! Not just no, but Hell no!! I like my long, hippie hair and frankly, the thought of cutting it all off gives me hives. For a minute, though, I thought he was going to faint - I had no idea he was that attached.

And now I am going to scrounge up a snack because I have eaten less in the last two days than I usually consume in two meals, and my stomach is telling me that it thinks I suck and if I don't eat something it's telling my spleen on me. I'm not on a diet, I've just been busy - almost done with one story (finally, and when it's finished you'll hear the shrieks of joy all the way over wherever you are) and starting yet another one (this will make more than a dozen in the works at once - if I were a juggler, it'd be impressive)(as it it, I am an unpublished writer, which just makes it kind of sad). I think I hear some Laughing Cow calling my name....mmm...cheeeeeese...

4 comments:

Blondie said...

OMG! That was Hilarous. It's funny because I can't understand what they are saying! Thanks for sharing. Have you ever seen MXC, it is another one of those crazy game shows, but it is dubbed in english. Anyways, congrats on the hair! Blue, huh?

Kyddryn said...

I love MXC!! The names they come up with...and there's always someone named Baba Ganoush. Heheheh... I know it's lowbrow entertainment, but I just don't care - if nothing else, it gives an interesting insight into Japanese culture. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I wish I could take credit for finding that clip, but I got to it from another blog.

Yep, blue. I've had blue in my hair for several years now - some day I really WILL be the blue haired old lady!

foolery said...

The Japanese really do have the best game shows. What were the dainty little fans for, though?

Kyddryn said...

It looked like the fans were for whacking each other over the head with. It is a mysterious culture...