Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Aww, dang.

Well, I was perusing my usual morning blogs and hit a meme. Sigh. It's over at Dawn's "Because I Said SO" if you want to see her answers. Here are mine.

Sixty Things
(Not Quite) 60 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me

1. What is in the back seat of your car right now?
Without going down to look - a booster seat for Bird, several kid's meal type toys, some ossified french fries for future anthropologists, archeologists, and geologists to wonder at, several kid-sized quilts and a full-sized quilt, some napkins, a pair of Bird-sized sunglasses, a crocheted shawl, three DK learning system books, an empty water bottle, a rogue Cheez-It or three, and various other little-boy leavings. And that's just the SEAT!

2. When was the last time you threw up?
Umm...a couple of weeks ago. I can't remember the exact date...it's not like I keep a diary of these things!

3. What's your favorite curse word?
I vacillate between "Oh, pickles!", "Oh, pucker-nuts!", "Holy crap!", "Confound it!", "Oh, bother!", "Dang it!", and a few other non-cussish cuss words. If I am really cheesed off, I may say "Fuckery!" or some other derivation of the f-bomb, but I prefer to be creative.

4. Name 3 people who made you smile today?
It's early, yet...Bird's the only person I've interacted with so far. Umm...Bird, mum (in an e-mail), annnnnd...ah...do the cats count? They frequently amuse me.

5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning?
Trying to convince myself that it was OK to go back to sleep since Bird wasn't awake yet. I failed.

6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago?
Reading someone else's blog and eating breakfast.

7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now?
Probably making lunch for Bird and T, or trying desperately to get some portion of this house tidy for Friday's company. Sigh.

8. Have you ever been to a strip club?
I'd rather go to a ribeye club...

9. What is the last thing you said aloud?
Bird, would you like some Kashi?

10. What is the best ice cream flavor?
Phish Food...or strawberry...or coffee...umm...you shouldn't ask an Aquarius to choose a favorite anything. We rarely have one.

11. What was the last thing you had to drink?
Mmmm, water...

12. What are you wearing right now?
Cotton-linen blend pajama pants and an old sarong shirt. I decided not to get dressed today. Yeah, decided.

13. What was the last thing you ate?
A bowl of Special K cereal.

14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week?
Nope.

15. When was the last time you ran?
I dunno, when was the last time I was chased?

16. What's the last sporting event you watched?
I suppose the Super Bowl...I started watching for the commercials but kinda got into the game, too. The shame...

Where's seventeen? There's no seventeen!! What do the meme creators have against seventeen???

18. Who is the last person you emailed?
Mum.

19. Ever go camping?
Oh, yes. I like camping. Yes, even the tent kind with bugs and cooking over a fire and sleeping on the ground.

20. Do you have a tan?
No, nor do I have skin cancer. Hmm, think there's a corollary?

Twenty-one, twenty-two, and twenty-three have gone in search of seventeen and will not return until they've found it!

24. Do you drink your soda from a straw?
That's no way to treat good scotch!!

25. What did your last IM say?
I don't remember...probably telling my roommate J what was for dinner...

26. Are you someone's best friend?
Sometimes I wonder...

27. What are you doing tomorrow?
Hmm...Thursday...more cleaning of the mess, doing of the laundry, making of keylime pie for Friday, and then going to Borders to pretend to write and hang out with my friends (we have a discussion group that meets there weekly and I go early to goof off write). Then, probably a late dinner at Fridays and home. Gee, aren't you glad you asked??

28. Where is your mom right now?
She was online a moment ago, so I presume she's home.

29. Look to your left, what do you see?
A wall and some cobwebs.

30. What color is your watch?
Uhhhhh....ummmmm....ahhhhh....watch? I DO have a silver pocket watch that I use on occasion, but it's old and grumpy and doesn't always function. I love it, kinda like me!


31. What do you think of when you think of Australia ?
Wanna go, maybe run away from home and hide out under a wallaby or a wombat or something.

32. Would you consider plastic surgery?
Yes. Yes I would.

33. What is your birthstone?
Amethyst.

34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru?
Unless I intend to let Bird play in a play-area, I drive through.

35.How many kids do you want?
Three, one of each kind.

36. Do you have a dog?
Nope.

37. Last person you talked to on the phone?
My roommate J, who wanted to know if a package had come for him. I looked out by the door and the garage. It hasn't come yet.

38. Have you met anyone famous?
Umm...well, yeah, actually. When I was a kid, I played with that guy from Sha-na-na's beard. Not Bowzer...one of the other guys. I sat on his lap and tugged his beard. I have no recall of this - my dad swears it's true. Also, I have met and almost rescued Paul Newman, sewed patches onto the driver's suits of several race car drivers (Including Boris Said who still owes me for it...heh...), pulled a few more out of tire walls, and met Patrick Dempsey who is just about the nicest fellow ever. You get to meet all kinds of folks at the race track.

39. Any plans today?
House keepery, cookery, and general skullduggery.

40. How many states have you lived in?
Let's count...umm...comfusion, suspense, distress, misery...oh, wait, I bet you meant how many of the United States I've RESIDED in. Five.

41. Ever go to college?
For a while, but it wasn't my cuppa - I like thinking outside the box, for myself, and it turns out that most colleges aren't so keen on that sort of behavior.

42. Where are you right now?
I am here.

43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now?
The constant struggle to get this place clean and keep it that way.

44. Last song listened to?
Something the Doodlebops were singing, goddess help me.

Concerned about the fate of our other missing numbers, forty-five is organizing an expedition into the wilds of the hard drive to find them. Wish it luck.

46. Are you allergic to anything?
Yep.

47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time?
Crocs.

48. Are you jealous of anyone?
Happy people...I want to know how they manage it on a regular basis.

Forty-nine is making sandwiches for the trip and will get back with us in a bit.

50. Is anyone jealous of you?
Let's don't be silly...

51. What time is it?
It was before nine-o'clock when I started this thing, but now it's a bit after ten.

52. Do any of your friends have children?
Most of them do, in fact.

53. Do you eat healthy?
Healthy, unhealthy, positively deadly, I am an equal opportunity consumer.

54. What do you usually do during the day?
As little as possible? Read blogs, comment, write blogs, laundry, check e-mail, write e-mail, run errands, clean house a bit, school Bird, play with Bird, feed Bird, clean up after Bird, watch TV with Bird, read, bathe, cook, nap, and try to finish one of the million-and-two stories I'm working on but never seem to get anywhere with. Also crochet, quilt, make sarong shirts, bead, chain maille, color, paint, and generally exhibit crafter's ADD.

55. Do you hate anyone right now?
Only myself.

56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily?
I have no idea, but probably.

Fifty-seven is sulking because it wasn't invited on the expedition.

58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday?
In two days I will be precisely one year older than I am today.

59. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Once or twice, but not recently.

60. How did you get one of your scars?
Hmm...which one? There's the windshield scar, the tape dispenser scar, the spear-to-the-face scar, the amazing-exploding-appendix-while-pregnant trio, and the c-section. And that's not including emotional scars! Which one did you want to know about?

1 comment:

foolery said...

I especially liked "equal opportunity consumer." Me three.