Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Just Cause(s)

I'm not wealthy - in fact, I'm often in the hole when it comes to available funds - but at least once a year I find a way to donate a little something to as many of these causes as I can. You're welcome to join me.

Any Soldier - Want to send your support to a Soldier in harm's way, but have no idea of what to send, who to send it to, or how to send it?

CHOA - Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, formerly Scottish Rite and Eggleston. They do good work, often depsite a patient's inability to pay. I have donated more time to them than to any other cause.

Heifer International - Help end hunger domestically and abroad with a program that doesn't just hand out food - it teaches people how to sustain themselves and pass the gift on to others.

Hopeline - A suicide hotline that has done a lot of good. I've never needed them...but others have, and I'm glad they're here.

My House - My House's foremost objective is caring for children who have special medical problems and do not have a family to care for them.

NILMDTS - This one both uplifts and breaks my heart. I weep that there is a need for the service, and I rejoice that anyone would be so kind as to provide it. I can't begin to describe...go see...

Project Gratitude - Project Gratitude provides Chaplains back from overseas deployment and their families with a brief 3 day “R & R” respite in Tampa, Florida. This program is to honor and benefit National Guard, Reserve, and Active Duty Chaplains, recently back from a 6 to 12 month tour in Iraq or Afghanistan, and their families. Project Gratitude is a small “thank you” to these Chaplains for their service and sacrifice for God and Country.

Troop BeBop - I know this woman. She's a force of nature. She works hard to support our troops, often out of her own pocket.

Wellstar Hospice - I can't say enough about the good work they do.

No comments: