Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, December 31, 2009

Recap

My year, in a nutshell:

January - The Evil Genius turned six. Holy carp, how did that happen?? I opened an Etsy store.

February - I got older, and mounted a show at the gallery wherein I didn't sell anything and simulcast it on my blog to double the fun.

March - It snowed. I added the follow thingy to the blog and the Internet rejoiced. I went to St. Simon's Island for R&R and photography and started trying to sort out how to save my marriage, and had my first ever blog contest. Read a new blog, made a new friend.

April - Mum got older. I started helping K at the Georgia Ren Fest. I went to Florida to perform one of two concerts my band had this year.

May - Got a new tattoo in honor of my Aunt D, who died of cancer later in the month. Someone started reading my blog regularly. I wrote something I was (and am) proud of. Someone noticed... I realized my marriage wasn't salvageable. Ouch. My muse woke up a little. And again.

June - Performed in Ohio, second concert of the year. Paperwork. More paperwork. An acre of forest later, paperwork is done and the waiting begins.

July - Went to Houston, met Someone, heart went BOOM! Had my second blog contest. Let the Evil Genius play outside on his own for the first time, then drove him to the ER when he went and gave himself a head injury. CAT scan, whee, nothing there, so all was right with the world.

August - Took the Seminar for Divorcing Parents, whee. Played with kittens of truly monumental cuteness. Rescued Rook from The Wolf Worm of Doom, adopted her into the family. Nearly killed my oven with butter, sugar, and flames.

September - Divorce finalized, and got proof that the Universe has a sense of humor . Met Flat Aunt Becky and hilarity ensued. Broke my right pinkie toe (it STILL hurts!!)

October - Spent the whole month cleaning my immense, overstuffed, disaster-area of a house in anticipation of a visit from Someone. Visit went well, happy, happy.

November - More cleaning, removing of furniture, moving things around, getting ready for holidays. Thanksgiving, quiet, simple, lovely.

December - Baked mountains of cookies. Shipped tons of cookies. Swapped countless cookies. Never want to see a cookie again...until next month. Made gifts, wrapped gifts, gave gifts, received gifts. Best gift? Someone moved in. I get to unwrap it again and again...lucky me!! Yule at Mum's, Christmas a non-issue. Planned Bird's birthday party. Seven! Eek!! Trying to wrap my head around how life can change so much in one year.

This is my last entry for 2009. What a year. I have been deep in the trough, and I have been high on the crest. I have hurt and caused hurt and made hard decisions and found myself happy in a way I've never been before. I refuse to think about what 2010, the ride, will be like.

I have posted at least once a day for the whole year. 1023 posts in just under two years. And you've read them - some of you have read every one of them, bless your something less than sane hearts.

Thank you.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

It has been a whirlwind, but you have more strength than you know. I wish you nothing but the best for 2010.

Momlady said...

Yup, quite a year. Love you....

Susan said...

I love you.

HermitJim said...

I've enjoyed reading your ramblings for a while now! Just gets better and better...!

I do hope that you and yours have a very happy New Year, my friend!