Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Thoughtfetti

I've decided that next year, I'm not going to try to post every day. Life isn't a slow, meandering river right now, and there are rapids ahead...so I think I'll just give myself permission to write a few times a week and see how it goes. I'm finishing out this year at one a day, though, because I want to.
~~~~~
Frustration - the state or an instance of being frustrated. A deep chronic sense or state of insecurity and dissatisfaction arising from unresolved problems or unfulfilled needs.

Irritation - the act of irritating. Something that irritates. The state of being irritated.

Anger - a strong feeling of displeasure and usually of antagonism.

Empathy - the action of understanding, being aware of, being sensitive to, and vicariously experiencing the feelings, thoughts, and experience of another of either the past or present without having the feelings, thoughts, and experience fully communicated in an objectively explicit manner, also the capacity for this.
~~~~~
Yesterday - clean, UPS store, bank, grocery store, home, back to bank, Walgreens, home, hang lights, take down lights to respace them, hang more lights, take down because there aren't enough, rehang so they're even, COLD, inside, warm up, make soup, put soup in containers, freeze soup, wonder why you didn't just have soup for dinner, wrap gifts, make other gifts, whew.
~~~~~
Today - make more gifts, attend birthday party for daughter of sister-of-my-heart, bake cookies, haul tree decorations up from closet under stairs, clean house.
~~~~~
Tomorrow - Clean, wrap, create, clean more, cookie swap, try to remember to get Sunday paper for coupon clipping purposes, clean again.
~~~~~
What're you up to these days?

4 comments:

HermitJim said...

So...what did you do in your spare time??

Momlady said...

Yesterday...make meringues, wrap gifts, UPS gifts, evil empire for cards, make more meringues, cards, knit group.
Today.....make meringues, decorate mantle and other places, make more meringues, clean
Tomorrow.....more of the same
But you are a lot busier.
See you Monday.

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

talked to me, hermit....

Hiya love!

Um, no one said there were gonna be gifts... are there gonna be gifts? no one said anything about any gifts...

Kyddryn said...

Mister Hermit, ir - I would like to say I sleep, but...alas...

Mum, I don't know that I'm busier...whew...

Swan, love...I talk to you WHILE I'm busy. I multi-task well. :-D As for gifts, well...you don't HAVE to open any...