Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stop! Vader Time

I think I'll let the video speak for itself.



Is that not awesome??

Reminds me of DragonCon...all those nice Storm Troopers...and my mad desire to chase after them with a giant nut-cracker and help them out of their suits...

In other news, T and I are taking the Seminar for Divorcing Parents this evening. The seminar is mandated by the courts, even if the divorce is amicable. It's also fifty dollars per person, which seems a bit unfair to me - if you're going to mandate a course, it shouldn't cost a fee, or at least it shouldn't cost that much.

Ah, well - it's because so many people us the children as pawns...which is just wrong...

I imagine we'll be an oddity - the divorcing couple attending the class together.

This is the last thing we need to do before the court date...less than a month from now.

Wish us luck...or something...

8 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I wish you both a little sanity at the end of it-- the video and the class.
Gods only know what those people will try and "teach" you...

Momlady said...

Having seen the worst in some divorce cases it's a good class, although it is a shame that it is needed. Will be interested to hear just what all is "taught". And unfortunately I'll bet that those who need it most will sleep or doodle through it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry ya'll have to go thru this. You're right, a mandated class should not have to cost. It's just another way for government to steal from you.
YeOldFurt

HermitJim said...

Calm and pleasant thoughts to you and yours until all is past and put away!

Anonymous said...

I laughed the whole way through that video! Thanks, K! I needed to laugh today. I know it's going to make my day better.

Best of luck with the class. I'll be thinking of you.

MereCat said...

First of all, Vader was great. I loved the stormtroopers. They were the best. Secondly, which really should be firstly, I'm so so so sorry about your divorce. I have been kind of disconnected so I haven't known what you've been going through. Bless you, bless you. I hope you find peace soon.

Unknown said...

You both have the right attitude..and that is what is best for your child.

That you are attenting class together demonstrates to me that you are putting "Evil Genuis" first.

That puts you in the Head Of The Class

Peace - Rene

Kyddryn said...

Cygnus, thank you Sir...we weathered the class with little scarring, better than a few of the folks there.

Erm, Momlady...I doodled through it...ahem. I DID listen, though...I listen better when I'm doodling or folding paper...honest!

YOF, welcome! I was delighted to see you over here - you keep such vaunted company... I think the cost is to force people to really think about what they're doing, make certain they're committed to it, although I'm sure the government doesn't mind the income one little bit, either.

Mister Hermit, Sir, thank you - this was a long time coming, and it wasn't a choice easily or lightly made...that said, I will be glad when it's done, if only so it's not hanging over our collective heads.

Fergie darlin' I'm happy to help you smile. You're missed around here... Thanks for the e-mail and the kind thoughts, love.

Merecat, thanks - and it's not like you're raising kids or anything...

Mizz Rene, thanks...we both love our son, and we won't stop being his parents just because we've stopped being married.

To everyone - thank you for your kind thoughts and well-wishes. And? I can't believe y'all let me misspell Vader's name in the post title! How did I get away with THAT all day?? Whew...I'm glad my OCD self didn't realize until just now, or I would have been a wreck all day...