OK, not really...but it IS an end of the year Meme, anyway. Play along, kids - it's nutritional and fun!
1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before? Got Divorced.
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I didn't make any...and no, I won't.
3. How will you be spending New Year's Eve? I have no idea - probab;y going to Borders with my guys, maybe dinner after...or maybe just come home after, because do I really want to go to Friday's on New Year's Eve? Not so much...
4. Did anyone close to you die? If the question refers to proximity, then no. If it means someone to whom I am emotionally close...my Aunt passed through the veil and I was saddened, although we were not especially close.
5. What countries did you visit? Via the Blue Nowhere: Australia, New Zealand, Canada, England, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, South Africa, Portugal, Tasmania, Mexico, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Spain, France, Germany, Russia...and a few more. In reality: None.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? Copious amounts of cash.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Friday, May 8. I was standing beneath the full moon feeling as lonely as I'd ever been, and I went inside and wrote what I was feeling...a piece that turned out to be a call of sorts that drew Someone into my life. It was also the day I knew without a doubt that my marriage was over.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Although I know it is an odd choice, and likely won't reflect well on me I have to say...my divorce. I made a hard choice, one that was geared toward my spiritual and emotional needs, one that hurt but ultimately was what needed to be done.
9. What was your biggest failure? Hmm...I don't know...I have failed spectacularly at so many things...
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I broke my pinkie toe in September and it STILL hurts!
11. What was the best thing you bought? My trip to Houston.
12. Where did most of your money go? Bills.
13. What song will always remind you of 2009? Just Breathe, Pearl Jam.
14. What do you wish you'd done more of? Breathed deep and found my roots.
15. What do you wish you'd done less of? Wept. Hurt. Felt lonely.
16. What was your favourite TV program? Dirty Jobs, I think...
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No. I no longer love someone as I once did, but I don't hate. Hatred is a waste of energy.
18. What was the best book you read? No best...I loved them all.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery? Aside from Someone and his Song? I'd say it's a tossup between Medieval Babes and the Ragbirds.
20. What was your favorite film of this year? I don't have one...can't even recall seeing one in the theater, although I know I did.
21. What did you do on your birthday? Felt ignored by some and loved by others, par for the day.
22. What kept you sane? I'm sane???
23. Who did you miss? My grandfather, despite his being dead for decades.
24. Who was the best new person you met? Someone.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009: Sometimes the right choice is the hardest one to make.
Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!
"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One
For old quotes, look here.
For old quotes, look here.