Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, December 7, 2009

The Continuing Adventures of Flat Aunt Becky*

Over the last few days I've been writing the yearly holiday greeting cards, and making these:

I liked the one above and the one below so well, I made smaller ones for myself. I'm not finished making them, either - I have many, many tiny little fabric scraps to play with!

I've also been wrapping a few gifts and making a few more.

With all this holiday preparation going on around Casa de Crazy, Flat Aunt Becky felt the need to take part. She wants to sent out a holiday greeting of her own.
"Happy Chrismachannukwansaka or some junk. Now bring me a cookie."

Now, if you'll excuse me...flat Aunt Beck is insisting she can handle the outdoor lights on her own, but I don't think she knows about the ones that neighbor's cat peed on...

* Edit - this is my one-thousand-first post! That means that tomorrow, I'll have been boring entertaining you longer than Shehari Scheriz Shahari that chick from Arabian nights**...

**Edit - yes, I know her name is Scheherazade. Geeze...

2 comments:

HermitJim said...

Looks like yo have been very busy being creative, my lovely friend!

Imagine...all that and you can cook as well!

Michelle Roebuck said...

Congrats on your 1,001st post!!! Whoot!! How are we going to celebrate? Because, truly, that deserves more than an *Edit* note. :)