Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, June 8, 2009

White Trash Italian

I am not Italian. I've never even played one on TV. Still, I adore Italian food.


What I had for dinner tonight was about as Italian as apple pie...which is to say...not very.


It was fairly tasty, though. I had a photo, but it seems the camera resents being used to take trashy pictures, because I can't seem to make it load. Oh, well.


Imagine, then:


1 can Campbell's Chunky Rigatoni with Meatballs soup
Oregano
Garlic powder
salt
Mozzarella cheese


Open can, dump soup in casserole dish.


Sprinkle liberally with oregano. Add dusting of garlic powder and salt. Cover with enough mozzarella to choke a goat. Yes, that is too a real measurement...look it up! Bake at 350 until golden and bubbly. Try not to think too hard about fat, sodium, calories or carbs while enjoying it.


I'm thinking of adding peperoni, next time, or sausage...or maybe making a healthier, from-scratch version with Italian sausage and ricotta, and...umm...excuse me, I think I need to go stand on the scale until I regain my senses...

No comments: