Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

It's Nice to Know

One afternoon last week, I was sitting with a group of folks, chatting, when Bird wandered up. He'd had a nice day, playing with some of the other kids at Wisteria, and he was enjoying some time with a new grown-up friend, the fellow selling rough gems and beautifully crafted jewelry across the road from us.

Bird hugged my arm, sighed, and said "Mommy, you'll always be my woman."

Sweet.

3 comments:

HermitJim said...

That is quite a sentiment from one of his years...may it last and grow as he does!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

From the mouths of babes...

Kyddryn said...

Mister Hermit, sir, I hope it does...he's a sweet little boy, and I hope he never outgrows the sweetness...

Cygnus, they do speak such charming sentiments...