Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Monday, June 1, 2009

Hard

not easily penetrated - much like my defenses, my heart, these days

not easily yielding to pressure - because I can't afford to acquiesce just to maintain the status quo...can't give an inch or I'll lose miles, can't show emotion or compassion or it's misconstrued or manipulated, so I get to be the uncaring bitch and suffer in silence

difficult to bear or endure - recent and near future days to be gotten through, somehow, with nothing but the slender, delicious hope that it won't always be so...

lacking consideration, compassion, or gentleness - from the outside looking in, I'm sure this is how I appear, but I do care, deeply

callous - if I am, it is only because I have been worn, scraped, rubbed the wrong way for so long, I have toughened

harsh, severe, or offensive in tendency or effect - can't be helped, although I don't have to like it...but I will defend myself against falsehood, false assumption, and the constant assault on my defenses

resentful - and becoming more so by the day...

strict, unrelenting - I must be, or end up back at square one...but it doesn't come easy or natural

intense in force, manner, or degree - yes...

unyielding - if I must be...I may never be pliant again, which makes me sad...

difficult to accomplish or resolve - I've had easier times parsing out Death, Life, the Universe, and Everything...

difficult to comprehend or explain - not for lack of effort, but when someone doesn't want to know, won't listen or hear, it's fruitless

having difficulty in doing something -
which isn't stopping me...just wearing me down, the slow erosion of a soul...

2 comments:

RachelW said...

It is exhausting. All of those things. I remember. ((((Kyddryn))))

Gypsy Guru said...

I remember those days too, when I must, sometimes only to remind myself how worth it the pain was once I got to the other side.

"slender, delicious hope" - Ohhhh, just a supremely exquisite turn of phrase!