Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Thoughtfetti

I didn't call my father on father's day. I wrote Bird's post to T and thought about my Dad, but was in the mountains with no cell signal most of the day. Then I forgot. Dang. This is what happens when parents don't keep up with their kids and vice versa. I'm calling him tonight. I bet he won't notice. Maybe.
~~~~~
My nose is running like a faucet...the result of being out in Nature for a week then coming home to a house full of cats, A/C, and dust. Whee.
~~~~~
I signed onto the Internet without having to search out a network, agree to terms of use, and enter a password. It's good to be home.
~~~~~
In two weeks, I'm taking a little trip, just for my selfish arse. Mum's going to watch the Evil Genius, and they'll probably run each other ragged. I'm going somewhere I've never been, bringing my camera to shoot everything that doesn't run away fast enough, meeting a friend for the first time, and looking to the future.
~~~~~
How does one little boy who wore almost no clothing for the last week produce so much laundry? Really - I'll be doing the wash for a week, at least!
~~~~~
Anyone want to come help me clean my house? I can't pay you cash, but there's homemade bread in the deal...

5 comments:

HermitJim said...

It would almost be worth it for some homemade bread!

Magpie said...

Is your house empty of the other? Was that okay?

Rob Houston said...

.....the other?

Interesting terminology.

Kyddryn said...

Mister Hermit, Sir, I could sweeten the deal...with some wildflower honey. Oh, and Irish butter. Heh.

Mizz Magpie, we are working out the details of...well...everything. He's asked ME to set a timeline for move-out, and I am pondering that. It's not an easy process...nor a happy one...sigh.

Rob...thanks for popping in, sugar!

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

He wanted respond earlier, mayhap if only with a smile... but tonight he says---

He won't mind. Not at all, at all..