Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Audio Crush

While at Wisteria in Ohio last week, I had occasion to see a new band. Well...new to me, anyway. They are my new musical crush.

I give you The Ragbirds (these videos in no way do the band justice, but in the spirit of "Half a loaf being better than none at all", I'm posting them anyway):






Their website: TheRagbirds.com

Their MySpace: The Ragbirds

Both the website and the MySPace play their music from their albums, if you want a better listen. On MySpace I particularly adore Tarantella, Brave New beat, and How Can I Say.

Who are you listening to, lately?

3 comments:

Cygnus MacLlyr said...

I can honestly say that amongst Willie and Waylon and the occasional Metallica, and Mozart and a bodhran, I've been lending ear to some cd's a friend sent me of this Spiral Rhythms...

Rob Houston said...

Ooooh, I could go on and on about music :)

I was recently given a 30 gig ipod, and almost immediately filled it up with the essentials of almost every genre (not the biggest polka fan). Although 30 gigs was nowhere near enough room to fit my ridiculously large library, it definitely catches the attention of my co-workers :)

There's also that pagan band... I can't recall their name. Circular Beat, or something of that nature. You should check them sometime :x

Kyddryn said...

Aww, Cygnus...then we're in good company! Glad you like 'em...

Rob, I haven't even come close to filling my Pod...you're hard core! Circular Beat, huh? Just you wait, my pretty...just you wait...