Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Six

Susan posted this on her blog, and I am drawing a blank, sooo...guess what?? I am ganking a Meme from someone else to fill space here while my brain slowly melts out my ears and I sit here in a funk - although not funky. because I spent money I can't spare on a few bars of my favorite soap. Right, on with this nonsense!

Six Things That Never Fail to Make Me Smile

1. My son, especially when he laughs his free, easy, belly-laugh.

2. Goofy, screwball romances - especially in a nice, hot, scented bath with candles, music, and a locked door so no one can wander in and start nattering at me when all I want is a few minute's peace. Ahem.

3. Mike Rowe - oh, especially that episode where he was in Hawaii and took a bath in that little stream...yowza! (Mike, I'm totally not a stalker or a freak, I swear. I'm harmless. mostly.)(Yeah, 'cause he really reads this blog)

4. Singing a particular section of Dreaming/Om (a song I wrote and perform with my band) during which I feel powerful, connected, and deeply sexy - not things I normally feel.

5. My new umbrella - the one that Kerri found and just knew would be the perfect replacement for the one I lost (and mourned - yes,mourned) last year. Pics later.

6. I'd copy Susan's number six here, but...blush...

No comments: