Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Haikuties

Roll of white paper
The empty spindle awaits
Your tidy presence
~~~~~
The counter's no place
For a toilet paper roll
So why is it there?
~~~~~
Dishes in the sink
Will wait a little longer
Now it's time to play
~~~~~
Laundry in baskets
Waiting for agitation
Spin cycle and dry
~~~~~
Small cat, soft and sweet
Suddenly a giant is
Sleeping on my bed

3 comments:

Marty said...

The counter's no place
For a toilet paper roll
So why is it there...

Hai(cuties) indeed!

Kyddryn said...

Whoopsie - I fixed it...that's what happens when you are penning in a hurry while fending off an Evil Genius intent upon computer use. Sigh. Also, welcome, Marty!

Kit said...

Ants are in my sink
Such a nuisance to me, they
come every year.

(Is "every" 2 syllables or 3? I say it with 3. . .)

Still the housework waits
Now that the kids are in bed
But my eyelids droop.