Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Here Comes the Meme Again...

1) are you ready for 100 questions?
Is anyone ever ready?

2) Was your last real relationship a mistake?
Good grief, that's a harsh and deeply personal question to ask a body on the Internet. I refuse to answer...but mostly because I'm still in my last relationship, thank you very much.

3) Do you believe in God?
I believe in Gods, Goddesses, Fairies, and Tax Reform. Oh, wait, that last one's a myth...

4) Who did you last say I love you to?
Bird.

5) Do you regret it?
Nope, and I never will. When he was born, I promised him I'd kiss him a million times before he was ten. Done.

6)Have you ever been depressed?
Been? That implies I'm not, now. I always will be, it's a condition that fluctuates between a sort of low grade mental arthritis to emotional cancer.

7) Do you have a best friend?
I have several friends who fit nicely into the category of "People I love and will drop everything to come rescue". I don't have one "best", because that implies there are lesser grades.

8) Are you a boy or girl?
Surprise me.

There's no number nine. Why? You got something against nine? What'd it ever do to you???

10) How do you want to die?
Happy, or at least content.

11) What did you last eat last?
A hunk of sharp cheddar cheese and a pineapple chunk.

12) Are you texting anybody?
I don't text. Why is this always one these things? Why does it matter? What does anyone hope to learn by asking this?

Oh, sure, leave out thirteen, too. I see how it is - you have something against odd numbers!

11) Do you play an instrument? *Does anyone else have deja-vu??
Besides myself (vocalist)? Flute, alto recorder, drum, various percussion instruments, kitchen cutlery and utensils (if you think cooking well isn't akin to singing, well...you've never et' here). I can pick notes out on a piano or a marimba, too. Also, I play a mean jug and my kazoo skillz are mad, yo.

12) Do you bite your nails? *I feel like I've been here at number twelve before...
No.

13) When was your last physical fight? *Hey, here's thirteen, hanging out with the vestigial eleven and twelve gang!
I don't recall having any...

14) Tom from MySpace is about to go to jail, what’s your first thought?
Erm...OK.

15) Do you have an attitude?
Doesn't everyone? Even a positive attitude is an attitude.

16) Ever been in love?
I don't like this question. It's nosey, and potentially hurtful. But yes.

17) What is your real name?
Nunna. As In, Nunna Your Beeswax.

18) Like reading?
"Like" doesn't begin to describe. I don't read, I devour - I gobble up books so fast, genres can't keep up with me. On a slow week, I'll go through four paperbacks and want more. I have read every one of the books in my home library, many of them more than once. "Like"? Hah!!

19) Are you gonna get high later?
Not this decade, thanks. I have a kid, and responsibilities, and no disposable income. That last is a joke, for you anti-anything people who want to jump down my throat.

20) Do you hate anyone at the moment?
I don't hate. Rather like texting, I can't see the point of it.

21) Do you miss someone?
On occasion.

22) Twirl or cut your spaghetti?
Slurp.

23) Who is your best friend's uncle's cousin's girlfriend's daughter's boyfriend's girlfriend?
A kumquat.

24) Do you tan a lot?
Not on purpose.

25) Have any pets?
Three cats (they own me), two grown men and one child all share the house with me. As I am responsible for making sure they have food, water, a potty, and a place to sleep, they're all pets.

26) How exactly are you feeling?
Content, tired, sore, achy, sad, depressed, enchanted, hungry, thirsty, and generally status quo.

27) Ever ate food in a car while someone or your self is driving?
Yes. And shouldn't that "ate" be "eaten"? And shouldn't "your self" be "yourself"? I understand that Tweens need hobbies, and that memes are de-rigueur for time-passing, but would you please make an effort not to slaughter my beloved English? That's my job. Which reminds me of something I often say when asked if I am multi-lingual: "I only speak two languages - English and Bad English!" Although, I actually speak three, because I'm also fluent in Typo. Oops, tangent.

Twenty-eight and twenty-nine have withdrawn from the game. They're a little ooked-out by the extra eleven and twelve up there and needed to lie down with a Mojito and The Reader's Digest to recover.

30) Are Barbie & Ken bad influences on people?
If said people buy into the idea that Barbie and Ken represent reality, then yes. If they're just dolls for kids to dress, style, and eventually autopsy, then no.

31) Do you regret anything from your past?
Am I human? Wait, don't answer that!! Of course I do - I don't know anyone who doesn't wish they'd said or done something differently. I don't regret my past as a whole because it shapes my present, just as my present shapes my future. I just wish I wasn't such a freak ALL the time.

32) What are your political views?
I can't see any politicians from here, so the view is fine, thanks.

33) Do you want to have kids?
I already have one. I would have liked two, but a second isn't in the cards. Most days, I accept that.

34) Ever kissed somebody that name starts with a N?
Ummm...what the hell kind of question is this? Completely random, that's what. No, I haven't. Weirdoes.

35) Do you type fast?
I have no idea - fast enough to suit me.

36) Do you have piercings?
My ears.

37) Want any more?
Nope. Not interested in making any more holes, thanks. Tattoos, though...

38) Can you spell well?
Usually, although on occasion I double letters or transpose them.

39) Do you miss anyone from your past?
On occasion.

40) What are you craving right now?
Olives, which I'm eating.

We lost forty-one through forty-nine to an over-the-hill party down the road - they heard there was beer and cake and they were gone!

50) What should you be doing?
Housework, napping, writing query letters, winning the lottery...

51) Who was your last text from and what did it say?
How many times to I have to type it out? I don't text!

52) Anything stressing you out?
All these questions about texting are a drag. Finances are stressful, but manageable. I'm more stressed about growing some balls and actually trying to get published. See? I just lost fourteen hairs and had twelve more go grey just thinking about it!

53) Does somebody love you?
They say they do. A better question would be whether I can believe them, accept their love, and feel loved.

54) What is your favorite color?
Blue. This is one of two questions I can answer definitively. Aquarians are like that - we don't usually have favorites.

55) So are you liking this survey?It has its moments.

56) Do you have a crush?
No, I recycle cans and bottles whole. Hah! OK, I have a big ol' fangirl crush on Mike Rowe.

57) Do you have trust issues?
I don't know if I should answer that - how do I know you won't use it against me later??

58) Have you ever had sexual feelings for someone?
This is such a childish question. Any adult who denies EVER having sexual feelings for ANYONE is not being honest.

59) Do you like to listen to music?
Yes.

60) Do you have a good relationship with your parents?
With my mother, yes - we are close. We share a brain. No, really, we do - we say the same things at the same time, have the same hankerings at the same time, have the same thoughts at the same time, and occasionally I'll bring her a coke because she wanted one...and she never has to say a word. It's...weird. My dad? Not so much. I love him, but he's not (and never has been) an active participant in the carnival of my life. Poor guy, doesn't know what he's missing...I'm the human equivalent of the Tilt-a-whirl!

61) Are you secretly in love?
Not that I know of, but you never can tell. Anyway, how would I know, if it's a secret??

62) Do you believe your ex thinks about you?
If I had an ex, I'm sure they would. But I don't, since I never dated before I met T.

64) Have you ever betrayed a best friend?
Not knowingly, nor would I.

65) Is it too personal now?
It got personal a long time ago, but I don't answer what I don't want to, since this is my blog, my life, and my business. So there, tweeny meme crafter!

Hmm...sixty-six was due home an hour ago. If you see it, tell it that sixty-five and sixty-seven are getting worried and considering filing a missing person's report.

67) What kind of phone do you have?
A brown one!

68) Have you ever walked outside completely naked?
Yes, and it was delightful. I've moon-bathed, gone skinny dipping, walked in the woods and danced in the rain many times...but only where no one would get an eyeful of trauma over it.

69) Do you think you're a good person?
I am the best me I can be, for what it's worth.

70) Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
Do you have a reason for asking?

71) Do you take showers?
Really, I may be a rotten housekeeper, but there's no need to question my hygiene. I've had two showers this month alone!

72) Last time you had a nice bubble bath?
I don't remember.

73) What is bothering you?
Questions about texting, the pain in my thumbs, and tax reform.

74) Have you ever done drugs?
Yes, on several occasions. I inhaled. It was fun. I've been done for e along time, don't feel pressed about going back to that.

75) Do you play the Wii?
Don't have one.

76) How do you feel about Wal-Mart?
There's a reason I call it "The Evil Empire" but I do shop there when I can't find what I want/need anywhere else.

77) Who has inspired you the most?
I don't know, I'm not done yet.

Seventy-eight is climbing Mt. Everest. It brought some bottled water, a blanket, and gorp, but forgot its cell-phone and a Sherpa. Wish it luck.

79) What is your favorite quote?
Don't ask an Aquarius (or anyone who's well read, for that matter) for a favorite.

80) Are you excited you're almost done with this survey?
There's nothing exciting about this, even finishing. It's just...here.

81) Are you mean?
Sometimes my son thinks so, but I'm a Mum and that's my job. Otherwise, no. Pragmatic, a touch Practical Darwinistic sometimes, but not cruel.

82) Can you keep white shoes clean?
If pressed, I could - if I owned white shoes.

83) Have you noticed this survey stopped getting personal?
Anything that asks questions about feeling, likes, dislikes, history, etc., is personal to some degree, so it's still personal.

84) Do you believe in true love?
Yes.

85) Are you proud of the person you've become?
I accept the me that I am, despite what I perceive to be deep, deep flaws.

86) Do you wanna change?
I like the clothes I'm in just now, so no thanks.

87) Who was the last person to make you mad?
T often irritates me without even trying - no kidding, the man has talent! That's OK, though, because I am a grumpus - wind blowing the wrong way will piss me off! That said, I rarely get angry. My anger is slow to rise, long to burn, and slow to ebb.

88) Do you like the outside?
Yep, even when outside doesn't like me.

89) Are you currently bored?
Bored? What is bored??

90) Do you want to get married?
Why, are you saying my wedding wasn't legal? That the judge wasn't really a judge?? The probate court will be stunned! Or, are you suggesting that polygamy might suit me?

Ninety-one and ninety-two have gone in search of sixty-six. They think it's hiding out with eleven, being naughty and multiplying.

93) Do you have a bank account?
Several, and they're all full...of dust.

94) What makes you happy?
Drugs. Hah! No, really - I can't quantify what makes me or anyone happy - it's too complex to answer in something this frivolous.

95) Would you change your name?
I once thought I would but...nah. I get too much mileage out of it (if you know my legal name, you know why it's funny).

96) Ever been to Alaska?
No, and I'd like to go while there are still some glaciers and icebergs left to get sunk by!

97) Are you paranoid?
Who are you? What do you want? Why are you asking me all these questions? Who sent you? You're all out to get me!!

98) Do you watch the news?
Not if I can help it. I get all my news from tabloid headlines. OK, again, not really - but I avoid most news programs because they come across as biased and a little too cheerful about the mayhem they're reporting on. It's disturbing.

99) What is your zodiac sign?
Guess.

100) Who was the last person you truly gave up on?
I don't know that I have given up on anyone...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Kyddryn, I noticed in this meme of yours that you revealed your fangirl crush on Mike Rowe.

Because of that, I want to give you a heads up on the upcoming Dirty Jobs special! Mike Rowe will be following the quest for the mysterious Greenland Shark. It's part of this year's Shark Week and airs on Tuesday, July 29th, at 9PM.

Feel free to check out the website for more info:

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence/sharkweek/sharkweek.html

You can also contact me for more info... I work with Discovery and have the inside scoop. By the way, I hope you don't mind me contacting you like this... I figure you'd want to know about it. Have a great day.

Shawn Grover
shawngrover2008@gmail.com

Kyddryn said...

OK, so why does Shawn's comment make me giggle like a silly twit?? No kidding, it made me laugh...mostly because I have a mental picture of some poor intern at Discovery Googling Mike Rowe (that sounds so nasty...and...umm...I wanna Google Mike Rowe...), cutting and pasting the relevant bits into the comments, and flogging the new show.

Also, like I didn't already know that my dirty, dirty crush was doing Shark Week, and you know I already have the TiVo ready to burn up the airwaves chasing down his programs. Muahahah.

Ahem.

Thanks for the heads up, Shawn!

Unknown said...

No problem, Kyddryn! I'm glad my comment made you laugh... and that you've got Shark Week covered!