Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Saturday, July 26, 2008

(Not A) Lazy Day

I wasn't planning on doing much, today. Let' face it, I don't do much any day, but today was going to be a book-reading (Mum brought me Lean Mean Thirteen and I am looking forward to it), story-writing (I have about a dozen started, and wouldn't it be nice if I finished one??) sort of day. I wore my sorry arse out yesterday, traipsing through all the sparkly gemstones, beads, fossils, and mineral specimens - and then I came home, got a burr under my saddle, and cleaned my kitchen counter off (Can you say "Junque piles?? I knew you could!!) before attacking the stairs down to the foyer, and the foyer itself (Wow...I had no idea the cats could shed so much without being bald. Honestly, I could've made another cat!) because I am tired of being embarrassed to open my front door and chancing anyone seeing inside. Also, it's nice to be able to walk up the steps without having a slalom or obstacle course to contend with. The mini-Yetis being gone is an added bonus.

Apparently, the housewife bug is a twenty-four-hour thing, because I woke up this morning and (after a lengthy wrestle/cuddle/pretend we're dinosaurs play session with the Evil Genius) got right to it - So far I've started laundry, set chicken to marinating (read that last with a Southern twang and it'll sound less grammatically offensive), and cleaned the hall bathroom. I am only pausing now because I realized that I hadn't blogged yet today and felt a little...empty...inside. Also, T and J were out on a job this morning, and they brought back Tater Tots and a Cherry Limeade from Sonic for me...mighty hunters, I salute you!!

In a few minutes I am going to bake Leftovers Cookies - maybe even photograph the process and post the recipe tomorrow. Did you know I've posted 345 times since January 15'th? Holy crap! I never shut up, do I?? Whew.

OK, break's over...I need to ride this productivity wave while it lasts.

2 comments:

Suzy said...

I don't suppose you live near me and have a skin picker upper do you?

Kyddryn said...

Well, cosmically speaking we're fairly close together but in terms of planetary convenience, not so much. Also, my Dust Buster is not holding a charge, so unless all that slough is hanging around in a pile, I'd need to hang out for a day pr three. Where's a giant, hungry mite when you need one??

Yeah, I know, I'm gross.