Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, July 18, 2008

Southern Living At Its Finest

Sunday evening, I will be serving the following:

Ribeye steaks, fried with butter in a cast iron pan because there's no other way to cook 'em. No, there isn't. Lalalalalalala, I can't hear you!!! Frying steaks in cast iron is the only way to cook 'em and I can't hear you!!!
Salt crusted oven-baked potatoes with butter, freshly shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream on the side.
Broccoli, steamed just until tender, with a hint of garlic.
Homemade key-lime pie.
Homemade sugar-free chocolate pie.
Possibly homemade strawberry shortcakes.
There may also be onion dip, deviled eggs, and crudite for snacking.

*Edit - this in addition to the from-scratch pancake brunch I'll be doing for my sister-in-law and neice mid-morning. Whew.

Why am I serving this? What's the occasion? Wedding? Funeral? Birthday? St. Swithin's Day? Nope.

Brace yourselves.

Wrestling.

Yep. Wrestling. We are ordering pay-per-view wrestling, and are expecting a guest to join us for the festivities.

Yeeehaw, y'all.

'Scuse me, my redneck is showing...

1 comment:

devilsivy said...

Ohhhhh, may I come eat and then wash dishes while the wrestling is on? Please?