Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, June 30, 2008

I'm Late, I'm Late, I'm...

...Oh, wait, no I'm not. Whew.

I thought I was pressed for time today - guests coming over this evening and I am trying to prep as much in advance as I can. Our menu, you ask?

Polynesian chicken and (fresh)pineapple kebabs, rice, sugar snap peas (fresh ones, too), mixed berries (cream on the side if it's wanted), and cheese and crackers for the picky eaters. Also half-sweet tea (iced tea with half the sugar)(or less) and home made lemonade. Oh, and if anone wants it, we have watermelon. We'll dine outside while the kids run free in the yard.

So far I have the chicken marinating (my hands smell like lime, ginger, and garlic. I may never wash them!) and the tea steeping, and the rest can happen after I have a bit of lunch. Why does food prep always make me hungry??

C'mon over - we'll even have the kiddie pool full, although you'll have to duke it out with the nekkid five-and-unders over who gets the squirt guns.

4 comments:

Kit said...

Oh no! And here I am about to let you know I can't come!
Damn, and that sounds good too. . . honestly, I started to drool. . .

Mamma Schmoo said...

mmmm sounds good!! Can I come over? As long as I am back for Canada Day tomorrow..... :)

Mrs. G. said...

I have no problem taking out a few under fives when it comes to space in the kiddie pool.

Michelle Roebuck said...

Chicken & pineapple were wunderbar! Thanks a million!

When I am prepping food, I constantly notice that I'm licking my licks and masticating in anticipation of the goodies to come.