Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Monday, July 28, 2008

Button, Button


3 comments:

Suzy said...

When I'm up and about and able to walk, I want to send you some buttons I have...

If I forget, remind me. I might forget because I'VE LOST MY MIND IN THE LAST 4 MONTHS.

Mamma Schmoo said...

I need a box full of these buttons to hand out....

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Suzy, I'd be delighted. Also, your mind's not lost - it's under the sofa...in the far corner...covered in lint and old Cheerios and being menaced by the dust critters. Oh, wait...that would be MY mind.

I DO hope you get out soon...being stuck like that sucks.

Mama Schmoo, as soon as I figure out this dad-blasted gizmo, I'll send you a few. Stupid button maker requiring manual dexterity...