Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Just Peachy

Mmm, peaches and cream for breakfast again. After, of course, a rousing round of hand-wrestling with the Evil Genius. While wrestling, he hummed La Marseillaise and the Star Spangled Banner in rapid succession, followed by a selection from the movie Cars and some Nickel Creek.

Whatever this day may hit me upside the head with, it sure started out fine.

I am considering a bit of sewing this afternoon - yesterday I made a crochet-hook case for my gal M, and I realized I haven't worked on my quilt (the one I started three years ago and wanted to finish in a month) in so long, the fabric is dusty! Yikes! Oh, wait, that would be because I am home schooling an Evil Genius, wouldn't it? Oh, well - since he has already read me Green Eggs and Ham (yes, he read it to me, not the other way 'round) and done some basic math, maybe we'll have a break so I can sew and he can...umm...do whatever Evil Geniuses do when their Mums aren't looking. Clean his room? Yeah, clean his room. That's what they do, right? Clean rooms, fold laundry, sweep floors...right??

If the Internet crashes later, you'll know what he was really up to...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My children certainly are for cleaning - until you come here to educate them. Cuz all I teach mine is cuss words. Peaches and cream for breakfast - yummmmmmm.

Kyddryn said...

Heh...don't get me started on cuss words...