Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Who Said It?

I've been a wee busy of late. In addition to my strenuous schedule of sitting on my fifty-acre ass, avoiding housework at all costs, and planning the Evil Genius' acting career to coincide with my need to be supported in style into my old age, I've been sewing up a storm for a friend's business. All straight(ish) lines, nothing fancy, shirts and skirts and in the next day or so I will have a bash at wrap pants. She needs stock for an upcoming convention (DragonCon, anyone?) and I'm game.
So I haven't been giving much deep thought to my blog. Sorry 'bout that.

I thought a little challenge would be fun. Below is a list of ten quotes. They may not be perfect, but I think they're close enough to do the trick. Can you name the movies they're from? How about which characters said them? Bonus points for the actor playing the character.

~~~~~
Who said it?

"Aww, I'd rather suck wax fruit."

"Stress, it's the killer!"

"Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast and they be slow!"

"...I'm afraid I've been thinking"
"A dangerous pastime."
"I know!"

"No disassemble!!"

"Flip them the bird!"

"If I was trying to kill you, I'd use my hands."

"Oh no you did NOT shoot that green shit at me!"

"When I was your age, video games were called books."

"You know, for kids!"
~~~~~
Good luck and godspeed!

6 comments:

darsden said...

I have no idea..not much in to the tv/movies...but you do have purdy eyes over there watching me!

darsden said...

if you had said sumpin..like I no nuttin bout brrithing no babees.. maybe then..but sorry

Anonymous said...

"If I was trying to kill you I'd use my hands."

I'd say that one was from Fried Green Tomatoes, spoken by Evelyn Couch, who is played by Kathy Bates.

Holly said...

Only know one, "Oh no, you did not just shoot that green shit at me."

Wil Smith...Independence Day...

Kit said...

"...I'm afraid I've been thinking"
"A dangerous pastime."
"I know!"

Not sure. . . there was an exchange like this between Gaston and LeFou in Disney's "Beauty and the Beast", and also between Andre the Giant and the Spanish guy in "The Princess Bride". If I remember correctly.


"When I was your age, video games were called books."

Definitely from "The Princess Bride"! Spoken by the Grandpa. I should know the actor, but I'm terrible at remembering that sort of thing.

I knew the "green shit" quote, too- but none of the others. :)

Unknown said...

I am a Movie Junkie. And I think I have some of them.
Who said it?

"Aww, I'd rather suck wax fruit."
>>I have no idea

"Stress, it's the killer!"
>>Anastasia

"Two in the box, ready to go, we be fast and they be slow!"
>>Ghostbusters

"...I'm afraid I've been thinking"
"A dangerous pastime."
"I know!"
>>Beauty and the Beast

"No disassemble!!"
>>Short Circuit

"Flip them the bird!"
>>No Idea

"If I was trying to kill you, I'd use my hands."
>>Fried Green Tomatoes

"Oh no you did NOT shoot that green shit at me!"
>>Men in Black

"When I was your age, video games were called books."
>>No Idea

"You know, for kids!"
>>Hudsucker Proxy

Let me know what I missed..

LO