Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Friday, November 14, 2008

The Sun'll Come Out...

And even if it doesn't, I don't care. I'm heading up to Mum's tonight, not for the weekend but because on Saturday we are demonstrating at a jewelry show at the gallery. Hopefully, she'll sell a lot of her amazing chain-maille, and if I'm lucky someone might like a pair of my earrings.


I'm working on more note cards, trying to get some holiday ones put together.


I am also getting started on some crocheted gifties for a few folks.


I am thinking I'll go through my fabric stash and see what I have for making lap quilts, too - if not for this year, then to make and sell next year. I know I have lots of cotton for the tops...I just need to see if I have batting and fabric or fleece for the backs.


Y'all were awfully nice on Wednesday, and I thank you for your support and encouragement - I don't usually discuss finances or financial stress with anyone (unless I'm spending the tax refund and I just have to tell you about the new love of my life)(I wasn't raised that way), but sometimes it just boils over.


As I often find myself saying, I'll muddle through somehow.

1 comment:

MereCat said...

I like your dam pictures. I know where you took those dam pictures too!

And I have this urge to have a baby right now, too. I'm having no new babies, and don't actually want one, I'm just having that nature driven urge to reproduce and it's making me sad. So I can totally relate.

Hope you make some sales at your Mum's. This whole money thing is sucking the life out of all of us.