Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Monday, November 24, 2008

Now, That Ain't Right

We've had a fairly good week here at Casa de Crazy.

Several rooms went from this:

Our sun room, long relegated to "The room where everything goes that doesn't have a place somewhere else, or whoever is putting it away doesn't actually know where it belongs."

To this:

Hey, there's a rug under that table - who knew??

The above room was the only one I thought to photograph; I was too busy cleaning the rest of them. Yeah, umm...have I mentioned I'm an awful housekeeper?

Sunday I went up to the gallery for a few hours to work on cards and hang out with Mum. While I was gone, T, J, and our friend W did some repairs on T's old car, which we gave to J's ex-wife who has fallen on hard times and is losing her own car to voluntary repossession. Sucks. W is a mechanic, and between the three of them they got new front axles and something in the engine taken care of and spiffed up the Camry. W (the woman collecting the car) was grateful - I don't think she ever expected we'd be the people to help her out, what with her ex living with us and all...but she's a decent woman who needed a hand, and we had a hand to give. When' she's back on her feet, she'll pass the car along to someone else who needs it. You know- pay it forward.

To cap off our good week/good day, we decided to decorate some cookies - J bought a gingerbread man cookie decorating kit at the market on Saturday, and the Evil Genius was just bursting to play with them.

I didn't photograph the process because I was decorating, too, but here are the results:

Bird's cookie, all decked out - he didn't think it was very well done, at first (he noted that the eyes weren't right, and the face was all crooked, and it didn't look nice like Daddy's), but after a couple of reassuring words from T an I, he thought it was just fine.

A close-up - he decorated it all by himself - note that it does have eyes, a nose, and even corners for the mouth. If it's a little...er...Picasso, well...so what??

T's cookie - I think he has a thing for redheads. Umm...I'm dark blonde/blue. Uh-oh.

My gingerbread guy can tie his shoes. Not very well, but he can tie them. And look - his fingernails match his shoelaces!

Oh, dear - a CSI gingerbread guy...check out the Y-incision...

I think we know who dunnit...

1 comment:

Kit said...

LOL!! Love the cookies. Poor little gingerbread stiff
(Babyman wants to type something):
.
..

jjjjjjjjjj xc bgr

Nice work on the house! Man, does mine ever need that sort
of]'attention right now. . . but I think I'm going to make a pumpkin pie instead.