Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Doing the Bump(er)

"Never do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics."

"Don't drink to drown your sorrow - sorrow knows how to swim."

"Don't drink and derive; alcohol and calculus don't mix."

"Never go to bed angry...stay up and plot your revenge."



Yep, bumper stickers - what can I say? I am tired, itchy from cleaning (allergic to dust, makes me itch), and pounding away at a sizable writer's block that isn't content to sit on one story - no, it is nesting on four, the four I happen to be working on actively right now, including my NaNo piece. Was working on. Whatever. Anyway, I need to try and get some sleep because tomorrow I must do battle with what was a Christmas Cactus but has turned into the Big Pink-Flowered Muppet Plant Monster from Hell - it is rather defensive of its corner of the sun room and it doesn't want me messing with the shiu by cleaning in there. Pray for me...

5 comments:

Susan said...

I'd listen to the Christmas Cactus and refuse to clean in there. They're smart creatures and it's telling you something important.

RachelW said...

Okay, let's see the cursed plant... c'mon, I want pictures!!! ;)

MereCat said...

Big pink muppet monster plant? Hey, now that's a happy cactus. I wouldn't mess.

Aunt Becky said...

Bwahahaha! Love them!

Kyddryn said...

Susan, I prevailed - really, it needed doing. The cactus will adjust.

Rachel, I will post photos as soon as I can get near enough to shoot some, but not so close that it can grab me - I think its becoming carnivorous!

Merecat, it's just grateful I water it once in a while - I'm not the best with house plants; if it can't stand a little neglect, it has no business living (and probably dying) here.

Aunt Becky, me too.