Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, November 15, 2008

A Brief Interlude

Upon sun-blasted desert stone
A single flower grew
And we who passed by the furnace
Of earth and light
Wondered about the bloom

One said "It is a fluke, a mistake..."
To which I replied
"Everything is always as it should be, when it should be
The Universe is a perfect place, and we are all expressions of that perfection."
They took my shoes, that I would feel the burning sand and comprehend
How wrong I was.

One said "It it unnatural, it does not belong..."
To which I replied
"But here we are, immersed in nature, forging ourselves upon her anvil
just where She placed us; nothing grows where She does not Will it. We belong because we are here."
They took my clothing that I might feel the sun scorch my flesh and comprehend
How wrong I was.

One said "It will die, it cannot sustain itself here..."
To which I replied
"Perhaps the future looks grim, but for now, in this moment that we all share
breathing the same air, being in the same Now, it lives as we do. We will die too, one day, but here and now, we live as it does."
They took my water and my food and left me to feel the desperate parch and hunger and comprehend
How wrong I was.

I lay me down beside the flower, and breathed upon it and was Wind
And wept upon it and was Water
And loved it and was Fire
And became Earth sustaining it

I was not wrong.

1 comment: