Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, November 7, 2008

Four Meme

Four jobs I've had -

1. Nanny
2. Framer at Michael's
3. Bad Denny's Waitress
4. Running a large (212 kids) daycare, eventually doing much of the director's job but receiving part-time pay.

Four movies I could watch over and over -
1. The Princess Bride
2. Fearless
3. The Power of One
4. The Meaning of Life (which tied with 1 Giant Leap and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Universe)

Four places I've lived -
1. Little Compton, RI
2. Tiverton, RI
3. Canterbury, NH
4. Braselton, Ga

Four TV shows I love -

1. Dirty Jobs (Mike Rowe, rrrrrowwww)(I bet he wonders why he shivered with fear)
2. House
3. Life
4. Iron Chef

Four places I've vacationed -
1. Club Med on Eleuthera in the Bahamas when I was thirteen or fourteen.
2. Martha's Vineyard, Mass, all the summers of my teens - I have family out there.
3. Most of New England, on driving tours and long, slow, pointless journeys of exploration.
4. A cruise ship in the Caribbean.

Four of my favorite dishes (I'm presuming this means food and not crockery)-

1. Chicken fried steak with white gravy at almost any adequate or better Southern type restaurant.
2. This isn't a dish, it's a whole meal, but I can't have one without the other two - coconut chicken soup (no mushrooms), cucumber salad with peanut sauce, and Rama chicken at the Thai Restaurant in Norcross.
3. Spicy Mussels at the hole-in-the-wall sushi joint on Pleasant Hill Road.
4. I can't decide on number four...there are so many things I enjoy eating. That's why I have the fifty-acre arse.

Four favorite drinks -
1. Water
2. Lady Grey Tea
3. Venti Mocha Frappuccino with whip at Starbucks
4. Cherry Limeade

Four sites I visit daily (what, only four?? Wow...I have almost thirty, now) -
1. Blogs - lots of them. See the sidebar? All of those and a few more.
2. Kongregate, a free games sight that has me hooked.
3. My imagination. I know it's not a website, but you should be grateful for that!
4. Hmm...I can't think of a fourth...

Four places I'd rather be right now (with the understanding that I'm actually quite happy to be where I am, despite my constant complaints)-
1. New Hampshire
2. Martha's Vineyard
3. On a cruise around the world with endless fruity drinks, a handsome cabana boy at my beck and call, and unlimited funds to play with.
4. In the lottery winner's hall of fame (for most money won, most sensible spending, and most charitable donations ever)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So were you a bad waitress at Denny's or a waitress at a bad Denny's?

Kyddryn said...

Both. I am unrepentant about my own abysmal performance, but the Denny's? It was wretched, even for the chain, and always had a sort shamed air to it, like walking into a dark, greasy-aired, bacon-and-coffee scented apology. It didn't want to be bad, it was just run that way.