Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, December 1, 2008

NaNoWhatevah

The month of Nano-ing is over.

I challenged myself to two things - to write fifty-thousand words for NaNoWriMo and to blog every day for NaBloPoMo.

Blogging every day? Well...it wasn't much of a challenge, since I post something every day anyway. Sure, sometimes my posts are photographs or bumper stickers, but they're posts.

Write fifty-thousand words? Umm...not so much. I started out strong, but then life got in the way. Who chooses a holiday month for this kind of challenge? Yeah, because Thanksgiving at the end of the month is why I didn't do any much writing in the middle of the month. Yep. I blame the holiday.

Still, I feel it was something of a success, because I got a bit past halfway through the word count and have a strong start for a story. I won't get a lot of writing done in December, either - December is NaBaCoMo around here. Huh? What's NaBaCoMo? National Bake Cookie Month, of course!

No, seriously - I will be baking cookies non-stop until Christmas day. Also during the time from December First through the Twenty-Fifth I will have a baby shower, Christmas party, cookie swap, bake bread, cinnamon rolls, crochet, sew, or donate gifts, wrap a gajillion things, write, address, and mail fifty Christmas cards (after printing, cutting out, and trimming the annual photos of the Evil Genius to include with the cards), buy, put up, and trim a tree, decorate the house and yard (tastefully), and probably bitch, moan, and complain throughout (I wouldn't be me if I didn't).

Still...maybe I will manage to finish what I started in November...at least one of the stories, anyway.

Whew...next year, I'm taking part in NaGoCruMo* instead.

*National Go On a Cruise Month

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That whole NaNaNeeNeeNooNoo thing just seems like going back to school and writing homework to me.
Well done for sticking with it though.

Have to say, NaBaCoMo would absolutely get my vote . . .

Anonymous said...

I'm a big fat Nano Failure. Maybe next year, right? I didn't even try with nanobloggo (or whatever it's called). At least we got started, that's more than most.

Mrs. G. said...

Congrats on making it throught the month. I'd like to join you on the cruise next year.