Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Thoughtfetti

Danny Evans over at Dad Gone Mad has an idea, and I wish I'd had it first, because then instead of being a cheap-ass, copycat bastard, I'd be an innovator of epic proportions. Go, read, comment, and share the bloggy love, y'all!
~~~~~
Speaking of love - yesterday, we got a big old box of vitamin C packed love in the mail.


Score!!

Please ignore the freakish hand - focus on the orange...isn't it beeyooteeful??



As soon as I got them into the house, the box was opened and one of the poor darlin's didn't run away fast enough and was snarfed. Did you know you can peel a Tangelo in two point six seconds? Cue Homer Simpson gargle noise here. Mmmm...Tangelos. Thanks, Mum!!!
~~~~~
I also adore Harry and David Royal Riviera Pears, if anyone's interested. Ahem.
~~~~~
Today's cookie baking (if I get off my sorry arse and get to it) will be Peppermint Filled cookies, and I will make more effort to photograph and post the recipe than I did for the Snickerdoodles. Miss that post, did you? Umm, yeah...that would be because I was so into the actual baking, I forgot about the whole blogging thing. I know! Forget blogging? Wow! It won't happen again. Maybe.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Vitamin C. Food is the best Christmas present ever, except of course when it's a fruit cake.

Kyddryn said...

Fruitcake isn't food. I'm pretty sure it's against the Geneva Convention to give fruitcake, anyway. Does anyone remember the Geneva Convention? No? That would explain the prevalence of alleged fruitcakes in the market around now - people getting revenge...

DragonFly24 said...

Here's my warm fuzzy comment to help put blog-$$ into your virtual pocket! ;)

LOVE the gorgeous fruit... makes me hungry for a tangelo or even better those sweet little oranges that almost peel themselves and then announce in a coy little citrus voice, "Eat me... I'm seedless!" Mmmm....

Love to you, Sistah-Friend! Wish I could have been there to help you get rid of the peppermint volcano evidence ;).

Xo's, Morrigane.

Kyddryn said...

Morrigane, we adore Clementines, too - they are such hussies, rolling out of their peels and just inviting one to get all juicy with them. Heh. Love you too, sugar! A good friend will always help hide the evidence...