Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Yesterday

Yesterday, I ran errands, baked three different kinds of cookies and cranberry-orange bread, put together tins for various folks, and wrapped some last minute things.

Whew, I'm worn slap out.

Today, I will deliver the aforementioned tins, bake a pumpkin spice cake and key lime bars to bring to the games-night on Christmas, and get a replacement filter for the fridge.

Tomorrow, Christmas Eve, I will bake bread and whip up the cinnamon rolls we'll bake and eat Christmas morning, and probably frost the pumpkin cake.

If baking is therapy, I am as sane as get, right now. That's a wee scary.

As busy (and as tired) as I feel, I'm content - while Bird may think it the oddest of the odd to bake and then give away cookies that he could be eating, it makes me happy to do so. Maybe in my next life, I'll open a bakery. For now, though, I'm going to try to get more than two hours of sleep in one night.

See y'all tomorrow!

2 comments:

RachelW said...

What a delicious post!

Kyddryn said...

Too bad I can't upload some of the end results to you - shipping would take too long!