Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, December 1, 2008

Oh the Weather Outside Is...umm...

...not at all frightful, at least not to me.

It is snowing. In Georgia (not the Soviet one). In December.

If you live in the Midwest, mountains, New England, or other normally snowy climes, you're probably thinking So what? Big deal. We get snow all the time.

Did I mention I live in Georgia, in the Southeastern United States? Where it's not usually very cold, let alone snowy, before February, if at all? Yep.

It won't stick or last very long, but it reminds me of my time in New Hampshire. I miss it there, with the proper seasons, the snow, heating our buildings with wood stoves and never minding if the power went out because we could cook over the stoves, use candles for light, and put all our frozen stuff outside to keep it from going off.

Bird and I stood out in the flurries and caught the tiny snowflakes on our tongues. I'm turning our turkey into soup. Nice day.

2 comments:

Mamma Schmoo said...

I live in Central Alberta where it is snowy for the better part of 6 months yet here it is...December 1st. Not a flake of snow and temperatures that are 10 degrees above normal. This lovely weather is quickly on its way out though....we should be joining the likes of Georgia this week.

RachelW said...

Happy snow day! I remember how exciting these rare days are, from living on the west coast. Enjoy!