Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

What Say You?




6 comments:

BOSSY said...

"Ahhhhhhh."

chris said...

alone and isolated but it's still a beacon of hope and salvation.

Bob Cleveland said...

http://www.alighthouse.com/thelighthouse.htm

RachelW said...

This reminds me of the Far Side cartoon with the ship approaching through the fog, and the man running up to the lighthouse in a panic with a replacement light bulb in his hand.

Kit said...

(peering around our trashed living room, complete with couch cushion fort- they call it a "rat house", don't ask me why- and this ridiculously cluttered kitchen, complete with pile of bills I need to attend to) I say, TAKE ME THERE! (And hand me a mojito while we're at it).

Kyddryn said...

Bossy, I'm with you...

Chris and Bob - I love the symbolism of a light house almost as much as the stillness and solidity of their reality. Everyone needs a light now and then.

Rachel...hah! I love The Far Side, and I know just which one you're talking about!

Kit...you got it, sister. I believe this one was in the Virgin Islands, although it was long enough ago that I can't quite remember. I guess we'll have to go on a cruise for research purposes, huh??