Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Another Meme (Meeeeem)

What was the last hot thing you touched?
A mug of tea.

Do you have an eating disorder?
Probably, but not in the skinny direction.

As a child, did you ever take swimming lessons?
Not that I recall...I may well be part fish, since I've been swimming for as long as I could remember.

What was the last movie you watched in theaters?
I don't recall...I think it was in February, though.

Do you have siblings?
Yep, a big brother.

Ever had braces?
Yes...and oh, the stories I could tell...

When was the last time you kissed the last person you kissed?
Erm...wha...?...hmm...my son, a few minutes ago.

What are two things you get made fun of a lot for?
Hmm...in a loving way, probably my OCD and my tremendous wealth of useless trivia. In an ugly way, my weight and my appearance in general.

How old are your brothers and sisters?
38

What was your favorite movie as a child?
I didn't have one, I don't think. Maybe Bambi when I was a wee lass...

Do you know any one with the same name as you?
In fact, I do, and what's more, she's a she. Our name is usually given to boys, so finding a female one of us is rare.

What do you smell like?
Myself mixed with Ancient Evenings soap and lotion, and when I've just washed my hair you can add Rosemary/Mint shampoo to the mix. Sometimes I also smell of banana bread or cinnamon rolls or whatever else I've been baking.

What's your favorite month?
Hmm...this is an odd one....probably October...

Do people ever misspell your name?
Misspell, mispronounce, misconstrue...

Are you a mean person?
I am a bitchy person, a moody person, a grumpy person, but not a mean person.

What was the last sporting event you watched?
I think I had a golf game inflicted upon me on Sunday, but I honestly don't know...I don't watch sports. Maybe wrestling, last month? I do watch that with the guys, sometimes. Yes, yes, I watch wrestling. And yes, yes, I know it's fake. It's a pageant, and it makes me giggle, so what??

When you're home alone, do you still close the door when you shower?
I don't close the bathroom door even if there's a house full of people. I have to close the shower door - it's magnetic 'round the edges and won't stay open. Also, because I like to give a thorough answer - I usually don't turn the lights on, because I like natural light better. Yes, I shower in the dark, sometimes. You should try it.

Has a friendship ended recently that you wish hadn't?
No.

You win the $100 million power-ball lottery....what do you do?
Pay my mum's debts, and then mine, and then put money into trusts (without telling them about it) for my son and my nieces and nephews, pay off the debts of a select few friends, then buy an obscene amount of land and build a great big earth-friendly house that I won't live in half the time because I will be riding about in my new RV with my family through Canada and the US with maybe a jaunt southwards for a good look at Mayan ruins...no, I don't dream small. Mostly, I would pay off debts and build a home for my family...all of my family...the ones I was born to and the ones I've made mine along the way...and I would try to help make some dreams come true, because life is too short to be left feeling empty...

Are you a beach person or a snowy mountain person?
I can't have both??

Can you watch scary movies alone?
If I wanted too..but I so rarely find things scary that Hollywood thinks I should. I won't watch political ads along, though...

Would you rather stay home all day, or be out and about?
Both. Neither. I don't know. Some days one, some days the other, some days a bit of both.

Do you like to keep the peace or be confrontational?
Peace, for the most part...unless someone is threatening my freedom or my family, and then I could get riled a bit.

Are you more likely to be with a large group of people or a few close friends?
Close friends.

Where would you like to live?
Anywhere that's still alive...where nature still sings loud and strong...a place that is MINE, and I am ITS.

What is your ideal profession?
Author/Singer with a side of Gypsy.

What is one fear that you have?
That I am never going to be good enough.

Are you good in math?
On occasion, when pressed, as long as it's not beyond simple algebra. I still count on my fingers, though...

What's stashed under your bed?
Cats and dust critters, mostly, although T may have shoved more stuff under there since the last time I checked.

Is there anyone you regret ever meeting?
No...although I regret NOT meeting some people...

Would you rather have roommates or live alone?
Alone with a good friend for a neighbor. Actually, I live with my family, a roommate, and three cats right now, and it's OK...but I could very happily live alone, too.

What is your favorite thing to wear?
Comfortable blue clothing. Cotton.

Do you give money to homeless people when they ask?
Sometimes, if I have any. Sometimes I buy them dinner. Depends.

Missing someone?
Often, but my aim's improving. Heh. Yes, I miss certain people.

You're having a bad day, what's one thing that can make your day better?
Sleep, or music, or a large body of water...

Do you keep secrets well?
I can't answer that, it's a secret...

Can you sing?
If you can speak, you can sing. The question is, can I sing well? Passing fair, I think.

Any plans for today?
Many...laundry, packing, cleaning, making lists, changing the lists, cleaning the van, getting the oil changed, putting air in the tires, grocery shopping...napping copiously...

Favorite color:
Blue.

How old will you be in 10 months?
A year older than I am today, thank you SO much for reminding me...

What did you do today?
So far: Got up, fed son, ate breakfast, did dishes, did laundry, talked to people on the phone, blogged...

Who was the last person who texted you?
I don't text.

What is your current status?
Quo.What are you listening to?
The dryer, the narrator from Walking With Dinosaurs, and the clicking of the keys.

Who can you tell anything to?
Michelle, Sam, Kerri, Kit, the cats, and the Goddess.

What were you doing at 12 am last night?
Giving Bird a breathing treatment.

When is the last time you saw your mom?
Last week. I'll see her again tomorrow. We speak almost daily.

Have you kissed someone in the last 2 weeks?
I kiss my son constantly.

How many houses have you lived in?
Lived in? Hmm...nine or ten.

Do you live in the house you grew up in?
No.

What are you doing for your next birthday?
Weeping copiously? I don't know...probably nothing, which is par for the course.

Are you a social person?
When pressed, I know how to behave among company.

Do you like someone right now?
I am fond of many people.

What color is your shirt?Blue and black.

Do you sleep on a certain side of the bed?
The top side.

Do you know how to play poker?
Poorly.

What are you thinking about right now? Honestly?
Why am I doing another meme? Also, is it odd that I am eating Chinese food for breakfast?

Any plans for this weekend? next weekend?
This coming weekend I will be performing at an event in NC and possibly telling fortunes. Next weekend, probably going to mum's to help install a floor, or weeding, or whatever the weather permits. I really don't plan that far ahead.

Do you have anything bothering you?
Often.

Do you smile often?
I try to...especially when I'm not thinking about anything in particular...I'm trying to make a smile my default setting.

When was the last time you cried?
Sunday night, thinking about Skidmarks the cat.

Have you ever had a life-threatening injury?
Hmm...I don't think so, unless you count the amazing exploding appendix incident...

Have you ever been in an ambulance?
Yes, twice in my life.

Do you prefer an ocean or pool?
Ocean, but pools are lovely too.

Why is your relationship status the way it is?
Because I am an ill-tempered wench.

What is something you collect?
Dust, if you look around my house. Books, music, more books...and I love loose gemstones...

Do you wear any jewelry 24/7?
My silver pentacle.

Do you think OJ killed his wife?
Why does it matter what I think?? I wasn't on the jury, and there's nothing I can do about it (within the law) anyway.

Have you ever been awake for 48 hours straight?
And then some.

How often do you remember your dreams?
Most of the time, if I want to.

What is the main ring tone on your phone?
Umm....do, do, do, doooo, do, do......I can't type a ring tone! My cell phone, before it died, had an excerpt from Sting's "Desert Rose".

What is something that you do too much?
Eat.

Do you shut off the water while you brush your teeth?
Yes.

Do you wish someone was with you right now?
Yep...but I don't know who.

Are you mad about anything?
Often...

How late did you stay up Saturday night and why?
Three-ish, I think...writing...

What was the first thing you thought when you got up?
Today is Wednesday and I have THIS to do today...and isn't it nice to wake up slowly and hear my Evil Genius singing to himself in his room?

Who were you with Saturday night?
Mostly the cats, but also my family.

Do you think you will be in a relationship 3 months from now?
Unless I am the last one on the planet, it can't be helped...we are always relating to someone.

Do you think it will be snowing three months from now?
Not here, but probably somewhere. If it snows here, we'll really have to reassess the whole global warming thing.

When's the next time you'll see your best friend?
Tomorrow? Friday? I don't know...I have several dear friends and we talk and mingle often.

What high school did/do/will you attend?
Dunwoody, but don't hold that against me.

Who was the last person you talked to last night before bed?
Bird.

Is there anything that you are craving right now?
I almost always have a low-grade jones for a certain sushi place, or Thai Restaurant of Norcross, or Mexican, or Chinese food.

Have you ever started a sentence with "No offense but...."?
Not that I recall...because if I KNOW it's going to offend, why bother with that time waster??

Do you drink tea?
Often. I'm drinking some right now.

Are you happy with your life right now?
I am not unhappy...perhaps I am content...but not happy, per se. Happy, for me, is illusive.

Who do you hate?
I don't.

What do you wear to bed? (*edit - why on earth does anyone care about this sort of thing?)
Nothing, unless I have a squeamish houseguest, and then I wear slate blue cotton/linen blend PJs.

Has anyone got on your nerves lately?
Often.

Do you think you'll be married in 10 years?
Unless T or I throw in the towel and call it off as a bad job, yes.

What were you doing at 6pm Friday night?
Cooking, maybe, or writing, or playing with Bird...I have no idea.

Next Friday I will be drumming and singing with fellow pagans at an event in NC, having a lovely time (I hope).

Consider yourself tagged if you like, or not - I'm not pressed either way. If you do decide to fill out this monster list of inane questions, let me know so I can peruse your answers and see how strange you are (because I'm not).

2 comments:

Mamma Schmoo said...

I have never been tagged before and will probably do the list but probably not until tomorrow. I haven't been a very good blogger lately.... :(

foolery said...

You're always good for a thoughtful read, Kyddryn.