Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette







Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What Say You?


8 comments:

Magpie said...

Yum.

Actually, I wanted to tell you that I too have a titanium spork! My father gave everyone one for Christmas one year. Mine lives in my overnight cosmetic bag, just in case. You know, for traveling.

Kyddryn said...

I love my spork - it travels in a bag I crocheted (and my friend Michelle felted) along with my collapsible chopsticks. Yes, I am copping to my geekery...

Mamma Schmoo said...

mmmmmmm

Gypsy Guru said...

Yuuummmm.... (um, anyone have a napkin to wipe up the drool?!?!)

Queen Goob said...

nummy, nummy, nummy, me want cookie!

Aunt Becky said...

I say YUM.

Bob Cleveland said...

My first thought was to ask where you found the pic of my brother-in-law, and who were those two weirdos he's with.

And .... Mama Schmoo .. does this mean you remember the schmoos?

Kyddryn said...

Mama Schmoo - I second that sentiment. I am thinking I may have to do some baking (the picture is from December, so I haven't actually GOT any home baked cookies right now).

Sorry, M...no napkin...Gypsy will have to be soggy for a while. :-)

Queen Goob, welcome! Yeah, me want cookie, too...

Becky, they don't ship well, but if I ever make it up that way, I'll pack a few dozen for ya!

Finally, Bob - you crack me up!! I remember the Schmoo...