Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Wait, What Day Is It?

Well hey there.

I didn't just get up...my hair always looks this frowsy.

Not buying it? Dang.

So the race is done. Whew. It rained again yesterday, rather a lot, and we made racing history. For the first time ever, they stopped the race because of weather. They were hoping to restart, but it wasn't happening...instead, they checkered it after letting the clock run out. Wet, chilly, and dark, and most of the spectators had already gone home, but there were still fireworks to be seen.



I stayed long enough to help get equipment sorted out and organize our final party, chat with some friends, and exchange a few e-mail addresses...and sip some Johnnie Walker Black before heading home...and find we had no power in my neighborhood. It had been out for several hours, and didn't come back on until long after I fell into bed. I had to get up in the middle of the night to turn off living room light and stereo, both of which turn themselves on when power is reinstated. Then I slept again until about ten.

The van is mostly unloaded, the house is a mess, and I'm still tired so the rest will have to wait until tomorrow. Right now? Time for a nap.

3 comments:

Momlady said...

You had a better view than I, but it was interesting to see them in the mist.

That Janie Girl said...

That was cool.

But I thought I was gonna get to see your bedhead hair...

RachelW said...

Hey, you can't talk about frowsy hair, then provide no pictures!! ;) xo