Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Monday, September 7, 2009

Thoughtfetti

I don't know what I'm doing with today. I may or may not do the housework I've neglected for...umm...you know what? I'm not saying. Wouldn't want the EPA or family services to become alarmed. Maybe get writing again. I haven't done anything more than edit, write a few words here and there, and mope since I finished the last story...the dozen or so waiting partially written in the wings are starting to think I don't love them any more.
~~~~~
Saturday, Bird and I were out fetching the mail and chanced upon our neighbor lady. She was outside smoking a cigarette and letting their new puppy romp. The puppy likes to grab pants cuffs and pull them, usually de-pantsing his target in the process. The neighbor lady admonished the puppy not to grab Bird's pants. Bird's reply? "Uh, actually these aren't pants, they're SHORTS."
~~~~~
Bird/Evil Genius is draped over the edge of his bed, watching me walk back and forth as I clean. "Mommy, I love you!" "I love you too, Little Dude" "Even though I'm upside down, I still love you." Nice to know directional orientation isn't a factor.
~~~~~
The Evil Genius does not have an imaginary friend. Instead, when he play games with himself, he plays versus "computer". Sigh. Think I let him play too many electronic games??
~~~~~
I did not win the lottery last week. Dang.

2 comments:

darsden said...

LOL ;-) Have a wonderful Labor day with what ever you decide to do today.
I am grilling for the folks this afternoon no big plans just a small bbq.

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Darsden, I hope you had a lovely time. I wrote, napped, and worked on my quilt top a wee. Slow, boring, easy day.