Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, September 4, 2009

Mmmm, Coooookies

I cleaned my kitchen today. All day. It felt good. To celebrate, I baked chocolate chip cookies this evening, so now I have a clean kitchen and a house that smells delightful. I thought I'd share some of the fun with you.

The cast:
2 1/4 cups (scant) all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
3/4 cup dark brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
2 sticks butter, softened
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips

Optional:
Cinnamon
Dried cherries
Nuts
A mostly naked assistant

Action!

Preheat your oven to 375. Line a cookie sheet with Release foil - you don't have to do this, but it sure helps with clean-up.

Combine flour, salt, baking soda, and some cinnamon in a sifter. how much cinnamon? Some. More than none, less than the whole container. Seriously...I just shake it in until it looks good to me.

Cream butter and sugar. Add vanilla...

And eggs...

Mix thoroughly.

Sift dry ingredients in a little at a time, mixing well between times.

Add the chocolate chips.

Add dried fruit and nuts if you're using them.

Drop by spoonfuls onto the cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 for 8 - 9 minutes, or until done to your liking.

Cool thoroughly on a rack before storing.

Reward your assistant. He earned it.

5 comments:

Holly said...

I believe your trusty assistant has your eyes! And, how like you to make certain you made enough for all of us. This is why I love it here.

darsden said...

oooh I can smell those wonderful cookies from here, yummmie and I agree with Holly he does have your eyes that cutiepootootie

Susan said...

Cooking naked. One of life's simple pleasures. Unless you're frying chicken. Well done, Bird!

Kyddryn said...

Mizz Holly, you are welcome to whatever my kitchen produces - I really just want to bake it, I don't want to eat it...but since I hate to waste food and there's no one else about...sigh...those cookies are going right on my arse, I just know it.

Mizz Darsden, thanks - I think he's cute, too, but then...I may be a wee biased.

Mizz Susan, some day I'll tell you about the nudist food vendors at one of the events I used to attend. I was always a little nervous at the thought of buying breakfast from them, considering the height of the griddle...

New Age Bitch said...

And the underpants make them extra-special!