Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Forgive Meme...

...but I couldn't think of anything to write. I'm sewing today, finishing up odds and ends, doing laundry, boring stuff. Some days are just much of a muchness.
~~~~~
What are your most common nicknames? I live in the south - we're all Sweetie, Honey, Sugar or Darling here.

What is today's weather? Grey and lovely.

Where did go on vacation this year? I went on vacation? Oh, wait...I DID go on a vacation...to Houston.

What did you do there? Met Someone, and the Hermit, took a lot of photographs, played on the beach at Galveston, left entirely too soon.

Where did you stay? At the Motel Six/Studio Six extended stay.

What job do you do? I'm a homeschooling Mum, for which I do not get paid. I am also a writer, singer, and songwriter, for which I do not get paid. I'm sensing a trend here...

Describe where you live. Brown, green, grey, blue, comfortable, safe, large, messy, home.

What do you usually do on weekends? Much the same thing as on weekdays, only in reverse order to keep things interesting.

What food hits your 'bliss spot'? Umm...I'm not doctor, but isn't the "bliss spot" a little farther South than where food goes??

What drink really does it for you? Does what?

Describe the first friend that comes to your head. Loved, cherished, needed, supportive, generous, creative and beautiful.

What was the last restaurant you went to? Kinyobe. Suuuuuushiiiii...mmmmmmm...

Where would you like to live if you had unlimited moneys and nothing stopping your dreams? In my dream house on a large tract of land far from cities, somewhere I can see the stars at night, sleep with windows open and doors unlocked and raise my own food without worrying about code violations.

What is the likeliness of you achieving this dream home? I don't know - I'd have to look at the odds on the back of a lottery ticket...

What do you like to do in your spare time? What is spare time? I'm a mum...we don't have spare time...

What's your favorite genre for TV programs? Hmm. Documentary, I suppose, since I seem to be addicted to the National Geographic and Investigation Discovery channels.

What's your favorite genre for music? Whatever I can sing along with.

What's your favorite song that's sad? Umm...I don't know. The Lighthouse' Tale is right up there...

What's your favorite soppy film? The Lake House? I don't know...dont really watch those sorts of movies.

How about your favorite chick flick? Hmm...Thelma and Louise? Fried Green Tomatoes? Nah...don't have a favorite.

What are you looking forward to at the moment? Samhain.

What are you dreading at the moment? Wednesday morning...divorce court...

How would you describe your personality? Mind boggling.

If you had a personality eraser, what part of yours might you erase? How do you know I haven't already?

You are given $5000 to spend in 1 day, what do you do with it? Spend it.

What is your biggest fear? Failing my son.
~~~~~
Play along if you like...or not...it's all good.

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Interesting, good luck in court my friend, I will pray all goes well. take care.

Holly said...

Court?! Oh, wow...in my thoughts. Really.