Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Monday, August 4, 2008

If I May

I'd like to point something out. You may not have noticed it because I may have tried to hide it a bit. Not that's it's easy to hide - it's huge.

Ahem.

I am speaking of mine arse.

No need to back away from the computer in an effort to save yourself the horror - I have not posted a photograph of the enormous thing, nor will I - I do not Have Mrs. G's fortitude in this regard.

A while back, I did put a thingie at the bottom of the blog (bottom, hah!) that shows weight loss. It's called "Getting Rid of My Fifty-Acre Ass". I have decided to join Mrs. G's 5K Ass Project, and so have made a new thingie that perches just above my fifty-acre ass thingie (oh, good grief) that will show how many laps I've swum or miles I've walked to date, these being activities I can be counted on to make at least a half-hearted effort at.

I am pointing this out so you can go look at the tremendous work I have done and laugh yourselves silly when you realize you do more before breakfast than I've managed in a week.

Cheers!

4 comments:

chris said...

Hey, as long as your comfortable with it, then everything is a ok. :)

devilsivy said...

You are a transforming metamorphic miracle and what you tell your body to do, it can and will! That goes for your ass too. ;)

Kyddryn said...

Aww, thanks y'all!

Suzy said...

I spend 3 days offline and when I return, no fewer than 4 bloggers I read are talking about their fat asses. Weird.