Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Drive-By Memeing

This one seems to have been written by someone over the age of twelve! Consider yourself tagged if you want - just let me know if you decide to do it so I can read your answers and see how much cooler than me you are!

Do you hold grudges easily?
Nope, I put a lot of effort into it - they're wriggly little things!

Do you suffer pain from a past hurt?
I don't suffer, I endure...and sometimes I even grow stronger.

Can you handle constructive criticism?
If it's truly constructive.

In this world what makes you the happiest?
The cosmic dance and the Evil Genius.

What are your thoughts on sex before marriage?
Before, during, after, without, whatever - as long as it's safe, sane, and consensual, it's none of my business.

Do you believe colors express your personality?
If I wish them to, yes.

Are you a private person?
On the surface, no. Deeper in, yes.

Who do you respect the most?
People who are active in their personal evolution, and fearless in the process.

What is an interest of yours that others would find silly?
Quantum Physics. I mean, I suck at math and scraped through Chemistry by the grace of a kindly (and somewhat insane) teacher, so how on Earth did I get hooked on physics? Ah, the delightful oddity of it all...

What are your thoughts on the world?
It's roundish, greenish, blueish, and rather messily kept by the dominant denizens. Also, I love it, and everything on it, deep, abiding, and absolute.

Do you believe there is a god?
Gods, Goddesses, it's one big pantheistic party 'round here.

Do you fall for romance movies?
If they're comedies, too...or the older black and whites...then I'm OK with them, but they're not my favourite cuppa.

Do you fall in love too quickly?
Hahahahahahahahahah.........!

Do you believe in destiny (fate)?
I believe that we create our fate, that we choose our destiny in the moment.

Do you often get annoyed by cell phones?
And their users, yes.

Do you catch yourself running from situations?
I only run when chased. I'm more of a face-it-as-it-comes kinda gal. Unless there are explosives involved.

What would you consider to be your best talent?
Naivete. Really, it takes a lot of skill to remain this clueless at my age. I work at it. What, you don't think that counts? Fine. Music. I can shake the earth with my song, and have changed lives with it, too. That's pretty good, no?

Which do you value more, family or friends?
They are all the family of my heart. yes, I know, that's a non-answer - but you should know better than to ask an Aquarian to pick a favourite or choose sides.

How do you define love?
Reluctantly - it's like defining Gods, they become limited to the definition you give them. I'd rather let love grow wild and free in its own way than restrict it to some narrow definition.

Do you like card games?
Some of them, very much. Ever played Fluxx? Fun!!

Have you ever made out on a couch?
Mmm...nope, but hope springs eternal.

Ever been swimming in a lake or river?
Often. I have much love for the water. If you've never gone skinny-dipping in the dark of night, when the moon is new and the stars are bright, dancing their light across the rippling water, or when the moon has silvered the surface with her fullness, then you have missed a truly wonderful experience.

Ever been to a bonfire party?
Yes - among of the perks of being pagan, we have lots of fires, drumming, dancing, and song.

Have you ever been on a horse?
Yep...and off when I wanted to be on, but the horse had other ideas.

What's irritating you right now?
The seeming self-involvement of the people who share this planet.

What radio station(s) do you listen to?
iPod.

Are you afraid of the dark?
Oh, no - I embrace the darkness, both internal and external. Without that darkness, without the shadows, I would not know the glory of light. Also, there is something welcoming about the star-stippled night, something primal, visceral, and other poetic words.

Do you get distracted easily?
That depends entirely on what I'm doing, and with whom.

What is the last thing you did before you went to bed last night?
Felt like an asshat.

Is this year the best year of your life?
I don't know, I haven't experienced them all, yet.

Do you have any strange phobias?
I don't think they're at all strange. No fear is a silly fear when it's the fear you are experiencing.

Is it easier to forgive or to forget?
The memory is long, the heart large. Forgiveness comes easy, but I do not forget - I learn.

Do you give out second chances too easily?
Too easily? No. Easily, yes.

Have you dated people who weren't good to you?
That would imply I dated.

Do you believe everyone deserves a second chance?
It depends on what they've done that created the need for one. I think sometimes one acts in such a way as to negate any new opportunities.

Where is your cell phone?
In the car, languishing.

What time did you go to sleep last night?
Sometime around two.

Are you excited for the future?
Hopeful, perhaps.

Your first ex shows up randomly at your house, what do you say?
"I'm sorry, but you must have the wrong address." I don't have any exes.

When was the last time you yelled at someone?
Last night, right before I felt like an asshat.

When was the last time you talked to one of your best friends?
In person? Yesterday evening. Online? A little while ago.

Have you done anything you regret in 2008 so far?
Of course.

Is there any emotion you're trying to avoid right now?
No - I'd rather just ride them out than avoid them.

Have you ever slapped anyone?
Nope.

What's your last text message say?
I don't text.

Have you ever been called Prince/Princess?
Nope.

Do you wear make up everyday?
Nope - I avoid it like the plague and usually wear it only when on stage or attending a formal event.

Who do you go to when you need someone to talk to?
The Goddess, usually, or myself - I try not to burden the people I love with my crap.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Your answers are absolutely beautiful. I think I'm going to tag myself but it's going to take awhile to equal those thoughts. Wow.

Kyddryn said...

Cheers, Susan - let me know when you do it so I can come see!