Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Bzz, Bzz...

...busy bees, today.

A friend or two will be coming over to bake bread and fairy cakes today, so there's that.

I have a new photo manipulating program to play with, thanks to S - not Photoshop, but something similar, and boy was I up late playing with it!

We had a terrific night last night - we must have done a hundred readings...at least! We met early, had a lovely dinner at Mimi's Cafe (Holy crap, their servings are HUGE!!)(Also, the apple crisp? Don't get between me and that apple crisp...you'll lose a limb.), then hung out in the Borders cafe loading the new program onto Bob the Wonder Computer and plating with it. Eventually we set up our reading space, tricked it out all gypsy-fortune teller like, and got to reading.

We were there until one-thirty. In the morning. Yeah. After all the customers were gone, we were doing readings for employees!

Of course, when I got home I had to play some more with the new program, and didn't get to bed until three-fifteen.

I was awakened this morning by a butterfly landing on my shoulder. OK, not really, but that's what it feels like when Bird kisses my shoulder to wake me up. I wouldn't have minded about seven more hours sleep, but I really should get everything ready for our baking day - I want to get the bread dough made up si it has risen by the time guests arrive - don't want to keep them waiting. That said, if it turns out OK (I've never done this recipe before) I may have another blog post out of it.

Wait, what am I saying? If it turns out a disaster, I'll have a blog post, too!

Bzz, bzz, I am a busy bee today. I hope y'all have a good one!

No comments: