Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

Tibi gratias agimus quod nihil fumas.

It says "...freedom of...", not "...freedom from...".

Nolite te bastardes carburundorum!

"It's amazing to me how many people think that voting to have the government give poor people money is compassion. Helping poor and suffering people is compassion. Voting for our government to use guns to give money to help poor and suffering people is immoral self-righteous bullying laziness. People need to be fed, medicated, educated, clothed, and sheltered, and if we're compassionate we'll help them, but you get no moral credit for forcing other people to do what you think is right. There is great joy in helping people, but no joy in doing it at gunpoint." - Penn Jillette

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Now That's Love

I was folding laundry yesterday when Bird wandered into my room and asked if he could have a cookie. As long as he's eaten a decent amount of healthy stuff, I don't tell him "no" for treats, because I don't want food to be a huge issue for him. He ate plenty of grapes, cheese, carrots, and other good stuff, so I was fine with a cookie snack.

There were two chocolate chip cookie left and I told Bird he could have them. He scampered off to the kitchen, but came back in a moment holding both cookies. When I asked him what he wanted, he held one out to me and said "I wanted to share with you." How sweet is that, when a kid offers to give you one of the last cookies??

3 comments:

KC said...

Soooo sweet!

Aunt Becky said...

Sounds like my Ben. Sweet children we have, don't we?

Kyddryn said...

KC - I thought so, too.

Aun Becky - yeah, they'll do. :-)