Quote of the day...er...week...umm...hey, look, a quote!!

"...besides love, independence of thought is the greatest gift an adult can give a child." - Bryce Courtenay, The Power of One

For old quotes, look here.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Meme Times Four

I got this from Mommy Wants Vodka.

4 things I did 10 years ago: (1998)
1. Figured I'd be spending the rest of my life alone.
2. Smoked The Pot, dropped The Acid, meh.
3. Wrote a lot of music/poetry, read a lot of books.
4. Spent a lot of time on the Internet, as I had wicked insomnia and only slept about six hours a week.

4 things I did 5 years ago: (2003)
1. Had a baby.
2. Contemplated suicide when I couldn't breast feed said baby.
3. Got my head back out of my ass, switched to formula, got some sleep, realized I COULD feed my baby and the lacitvists could kiss my fifty-acre ass.
4.Wrote more music, performed, made another CD.

4 things I did yesterday:
1. Made a grocery list.
2. Cuddled with the Evil Genius.
3. Read some of "Such a Pretty Fat", chuckled a bit.
4. Went to Borders for my discussion group, learned good friend was pregnant, felt a twinge of jealousy but mercilessly quashed it.

4 shows I love to watch:
1. House2. Dirty Jobs (I heart Mike Rowe)
3. Criminal Minds
4. The Sunday Animation Domination on FOX (Ok, I know that's, like, four shows, but I couldn't pick just one...I suck at narrowing things down and choosing favourites!).

Thanks, Aunt Becky!

4 comments:

Magpie said...

I too had a baby in 2003.

Mrs. G. said...

I couldn't breastfeed my first and I was bombarded by the breast nazis at the hospital and the local la leche league-I still get riled when I think about it.

Anonymous said...

I wish I could write music or play an instrument. Instead, I just settle with my karaoke mic.

Song writers are the bomb!

Kyddryn said...

Magpie, cool. :-)

Mrs. G, me too...and it's one of the reasons I teach a class called "Things They Forgot To Tell You" and include the information that inability to breastfeed does not make one a bad parent or a bad person.

Chris, Karakoe terrifies me. Really. I can write songs and sing on stage, but Karaoke? No way. Not without the liberal application of alcohol to my inhibition...so it just isn't going to happen. Good onya for joining the fun!!